An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cedar Point

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Cedar Point  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

What did you like about it? What would you recommend to definitely ride, or stay away from?

A lighter subject for the day...

Edited by Mrs. Bro. Adam

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Yes...sorry...brain is a little tired tonight. Will try and correct that if possible.

morostheos

I used to go all the time growing up, it's great if you like big roller coasters. If you don't, Geauga Lake (which is not too far away) is better. Cedar Point is almost all roller coasters and they are all good! I don't think I could really pick a favorite... Gemini is fun because you race another set of cars, Millennium Force is intense! Iron Dragon was one of my favorites growing up, it's pretty chill and lots of fun. :)

Lilllabettt

I live in the area.

Geauga Lake was better, but they closed it, except for the water park.

We went to Cedar Point and my mom got pick pocketed.
There were a lot of intense "grown up" rides, which as newly tall-enough 8th grader, I enjoyed.

morostheos
:( I'm sad to hear that Geauga Lake is closed except for the water park. That's really too bad.

I went once. It was fun, but my inner ear has changed with age and rides are no longer fun. :(

i've been and it was awesome.

my mom worked there in the 70s. i've seen pictures. oh, the humanity...i mean hair... :ninja:

Edited by rachael

eagle_eye222001

Would really like to go there some day. One of my life goals you could say.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/why+so+serious%3f+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - Why So Serious? (Album Version)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='morostheos' post='1914881' date='Jul 8 2009, 10:15 PM']:( I'm sad to hear that Geauga Lake is closed except for the water park. That's really too bad.[/quote]

It was horrible and depressing. What's worse is they still have all the signs up on the main roads around here saying "this way to Geauga Lake." Every time I drive past one I think they should say "this way to the carpy water park and creepy abandoned amusement park" but I guess that is too long for a sign.

heavenseeker

does it have any fomous rides or something? cause right now im just like theme park yay... i live an hour from one so unless its one of those big name ones or has one of Americas top roller coasters im not going on a vacation just for a park.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[url="http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/rides/index.cfm"]Boasts three of the top ten roller coasters in the world...[/url]

heavenseeker

i have a hard time believing that because i have watched a lot of shows that rank roller coasters and no park has been home of more than 2 within the top 10. i will give it the fact that the descriptions they give for their coasters sound exciting though.