An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cedar Point

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Cedar Point  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Brother Adam

From Wikipedia:

Awards

Cedar Point has received the Golden Ticket Award by Amusement Today for "Best Amusement Park in the World" in 2008, winning for the eleventh consecutive year. The park also placed in the categories for "Friendliest Staff", "Best Outdoor Night Production" and "Best Halloween Event". Cedar Point also won "Best New Ride of 2007" with their new roller coaster Maverick.[11]

[edit] Roller coaster rankings

The following steel[12] and wooden[13] coasters were ranked by Amusement Today in 2008:

[edit] Steel

* Millennium Force: 2nd
* Magnum XL-200: 7th
* Top Thrill Dragster: 9th
* Maverick: 12th (voted Best New Ride for 2007)
* Raptor: 19th

[edit] Wooden

* Mean Streak: 39th
* Blue Streak: 48th

Cedar Point also holds several IAAPA Big E Awards for Live Entertainment productions.

heavenseeker

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1915462' date='Jul 9 2009, 09:52 AM']From Wikipedia:

Awards

Cedar Point has received the Golden Ticket Award by Amusement Today for "Best Amusement Park in the World" in 2008, winning for the eleventh consecutive year. The park also placed in the categories for "Friendliest Staff", "Best Outdoor Night Production" and "Best Halloween Event". Cedar Point also won "Best New Ride of 2007" with their new roller coaster Maverick.[11]

[edit] Roller coaster rankings

The following steel[12] and wooden[13] coasters were ranked by Amusement Today in 2008:

[edit] Steel

* Millennium Force: 2nd
* Magnum XL-200: 7th
* Top Thrill Dragster: 9th
* Maverick: 12th (voted Best New Ride for 2007)
* Raptor: 19th

[edit] Wooden

* Mean Streak: 39th
* Blue Streak: 48th

Cedar Point also holds several IAAPA Big E Awards for Live Entertainment productions.[/quote]

I am seriously shocked that i have never read or watched anything about this before. i guess that i am going to have to start paying closer attention to the subject. also going to have to add it to my list of places to go

Brother Adam

I'm not a fanboy of any amusement park, but Cedarpoint is seriously cool, I am taking our youth group on the 24th. The Millennium Force, Raptor, and Maverick are incredible thrills if you like roller coasters. I'm surprised too how often Cedar Point is left off of roller coaster shows and their closing light show is really cool too. It's definitely worth a visit at some point.

Paddington

There are a lot more than 3 scary rides there.

It's good to see Blue Streak on the list for wooden rollercoasters. That was my first ever ride.

hoosieranna

Blue Streak was my first big rollercoaster. Cedar Point is about 3 hours from my home town, so we'd go there on school trips all the time. The place is very large. Trying to do both the park and the water park in one day can get hairy. It's a cool park.

I went to Cedar Point Biological Station last year to take a class. Does that count?

Edited by Old_Joe

Gregoriana of Nyssa

It was far too long ago for me to make recommendations, but I went there once. My youth group went with at least one other youth group and had lots of fun. This was the late 80s I believe; I had a day-long crush on one of the guys in the other youth group, who hadn't shaved and did not wear socks because that was "cool" back then. :)