An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Hate Cat Urine

CatherineM

+J.M.J.+
Cath, I just found this spray stuff that works wonders on cat urine. it's called Nature's Adventures or something like that. when i get home i will get the name for you.

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1916969' date='Jul 10 2009, 09:03 PM']Ah.... los gatos... My eldest cat (shes 17/18) has been ill recently and has peed on me the past two nights while I slept. It was not fun waking up and being soaked through. I hope tonight is a better night.
Cat urine sure can stank though. If it sits too long, it will smell to high heaven. We have some awesome stuff that cuts through cat urine enzymes so they don't stink anymore. It's great stuff and a God send because certain other cats like to pee right outside the litter pan. I just love them too much to get rid of them. I'm kinda the opposite of CatherineM; I'm already a crazy cat lady and I'm only 23.
:kitten:[/quote]

Really, what do you use? My cat was recently sick and went on a throw rug that I really like. What did you use? My dog stuff isn't working.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1918759' date='Jul 13 2009, 12:34 PM']+J.M.J.+
Cath, I just found this spray stuff that works wonders on cat urine. it's called Nature's Adventures or something like that. when i get home i will get the name for you.[/quote]

I will have to try it.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

There is some good stuff out there Nature's Miracle is one and there is this Vet Strength stuff, Urine Off that is just as awesome. I don't know if the commercially available Urine Off is any different than the vet strength stuff. My aunt works at an animal shelter in FL and sends us great things all the time.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1918759' date='Jul 13 2009, 11:34 AM']+J.M.J.+
Cath, I just found this spray stuff that works wonders on cat urine. it's called Nature's Adventures or something like that. when i get home i will get the name for you.[/quote]

I'm already done with the curtains from Hell. I am going to be busy if she needs anything else done. When I was a kid my mom wanted some manure for the front grass. My dad drove his truck to the country to get some. My father grew up in NYC, and the only manure he had to deal with was overflowing privies. He didn't know there were different kinds. He came home with chicken manure. Dumped about 3 feet deep of the stuff on the front lawn. It didn't just kill the grass, it almost killed the trees, and I think peeled the paint of the front of the house. It was practically a Superfund site. These curtains reminded me of that summer.

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1918973' date='Jul 13 2009, 03:57 PM']There is some good stuff out there Nature's Miracle is one and there is this Vet Strength stuff, Urine Off that is just as awesome. I don't know if the commercially available Urine Off is any different than the vet strength stuff. My aunt works at an animal shelter in FL and sends us great things all the time.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
this is it, Nature's Miracle.

rhetoricfemme

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1916969' date='Jul 10 2009, 06:03 PM']I'm already a crazy cat lady and I'm only 23.
:kitten:[/quote]
Yep, same here. At our house, we treat cats like people... Well they play by cat rules like not eating at the table and such, but my husband and I are bewildered everytime we have guests come over and they start shooing our cats for their casual activities. Like the guy who if a cat sits on our furniture (it's the cat's, too!), will start yelling and clapping at the cat thinking he'll move. Kitty just looks at him like he's an idiot. :rolleyes:

[quote]My eldest cat (shes 17/18) has been ill recently and has peed on me the past two nights while I slept. It was not fun waking up and being soaked through. I hope tonight is a better night.[/quote]
I hope your cat feels better soon and resolves her bladder issue!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1919035' date='Jul 13 2009, 05:26 PM']I'm already done with the curtains from Hell. I am going to be busy if she needs anything else done. When I was a kid my mom wanted some manure for the front grass. My dad drove his truck to the country to get some. My father grew up in NYC, and the only manure he had to deal with was overflowing privies. He didn't know there were different kinds. He came home with chicken manure. Dumped about 3 feet deep of the stuff on the front lawn. It didn't just kill the grass, it almost killed the trees, and I think peeled the paint of the front of the house. It was practically a Superfund site. These curtains reminded me of that summer.[/quote]
Potent.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1919236' date='Jul 13 2009, 11:02 PM']I'll try it.[/quote]
Good! I'm sure you'll love it. It's good in sweet tea too, if you're not in a coffee mood.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1919035' date='Jul 13 2009, 07:26 PM']I'm already done with the curtains from Hell. I am going to be busy if she needs anything else done. When I was a kid my mom wanted some manure for the front grass. My dad drove his truck to the country to get some. My father grew up in NYC, and the only manure he had to deal with was overflowing privies. He didn't know there were different kinds. He came home with chicken manure. Dumped about 3 feet deep of the stuff on the front lawn. It didn't just kill the grass, it almost killed the trees, and I think peeled the paint of the front of the house. It was practically a Superfund site. These curtains reminded me of that summer.[/quote]

Yikes! Yeah, chicken manure is some pretty rough stuff.

[quote name='StColette' post='1919719' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:18 PM']Yikes! Yeah, chicken manure is some pretty rough stuff.[/quote]

I will never forget the look on my mom's face when she drove up to see her green lawn a foot deep in brown chicken mushy mud pie. I think her knees went weak.

• 11 months later...

cats don't lift their legs when they pee. They would have to be reaaaaaally intentional about peeing on curtains.