An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is Your Favorite Book In The Bible.

princessgianna

princessgianna

[b][color="#000000"][font="Georgia"]What is your favorite book in the Old Testament? And why?
What is your favorite book in the New Testament? And why?
What is your top favorite book in the Bible. And Why?[/font][/color]
[/b]

In the Old Testament-I would have to say the book of Ruth. I love the romantic story I admit. I remember when I was younger, my mom would tell me a story as she was tucking me in. And one night she told me the story about Ruth.
The book of Esther and the Book Of Judith- they both rock too! Isaiah is on that list also. (Is 22:22)

Concerning the New Testament- Ephesians. Particularly Ephesians 5:22-28~!

[quote][font="Impact"]W[/font]ives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord.
For the husband is head of his wife just as Christ is head of the church, he himself the savior of the body.
As the church is subordinate to Christ, so wives should be subordinate to their husbands in everything.
Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ loved the church and handed himself over for her
to sanctify her, cleansing her by the bath of water with the word,
that he might present to himself the church in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.
So (also) husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.[/quote]:love:

Matthew 16:18 is amazing though!

Over all I would go with Ephesians.

And while the whole Bible is totally amazing. I am just curious to see if you have any "favorites".

God Bless
:blowkiss:
PG~

The Bus Station

I haven't read every book in the Bible :unsure: But from what I have read: Isaiah (because it is just so overwhelmingly awesome and makes me feel like I can do anything), Psalms (beautiful and inspiring, feels very personal) and the Gospel of John (again just awesome!)

TeresaBenedicta

I have to admit that I haven't read a lot of the Old Testament... but I do pray with the Psalms quite often. And I also like the Book of Daniel.

As for the New Testament.... well, I have to give two answers as well. My favorite Gospel is John and my favorite Epistle is Romans. Particularly Romans 8.

[quote name='princessgianna' post='1917753' date='Jul 12 2009, 01:57 AM'][b][color="#000000"][font="Georgia"]What is your favorite book in the Old Testament? And why?
What is your favorite book in the New Testament? And why?
What is your top favorite book in the Bible. And Why?[/font][/color]
[/b][/quote]

My favorite book in the Old Testament is the Davidic Psalter.

My favorite book in the New Testament is the Gospel according to John.

My favorite book in the Bible is the Gospel according to John.

Vincent Vega

I love Proverbs and Wisdom...they're like the little inspirational quote books you can buy, except this one was written by God.
Of the Gospels, I enjoy St. John's the most...I don't know why...his style, I suppose.
I love Isiah, especially in the Douay-Rheims translation - that love was produced in part by Handel's "The Messiah". The words are even more beautiful set to his music. (For unto us a son is born! Unto us, a son is given! And the government shall be upon his shoulders, and his name shall be called Wonderful; Counselor; The Mighty God; The Everlasting Father; The Prince of Peace. :love:)

Favorite OT book is Psalms because I love poetry in all its forms. They're very emotionally evocative, plus Jesus and Mary prayed with them.

Favorite NT book is James.

Favorite overall? Probably James or Sirach. :))

Old Testament: Isaiah.

New Testament: oh, that's a tough one. I love the Gospel of Matthew because that was the first book I read when I first started reading the Bible and delving into my own faith. I love the Gospel of John, too and Paul's Letter to the Philippians (especially Philippians 2:6-12).

Overall: Right now, I'd have to say Isaiah. I've in the process of rereading it and praying through it. But, ask me on another day and chances are my answer will change.

I find it interesting how many have picked books either not in the Protestant bible, or ones Luther wanted to exclude but was talked out of.

eagle_eye222001

Probably the Gospel of Matthew. Mostly because of Matthew 16:18.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/staind/track/its+been+awhile"]Staind - It's Been Awhile[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]