An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hogan's Heros

princessgianna

Gregoriana of Nyssa

I loved this show as a teenager. I got little crushes on some of the main characters. :) It inspired a couple of stories I wrote, and got me interested in German and WWII.

If they would have escaped there would have been no show. My family likes to watch it, although it is not my favorite.

Whenever I try to watch it now, I can't help myself looking at Bob Crane and wondering why he ended up the way he did.

sarcasmguy126

OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE this show! Our family has like 4 seasons of it on DVD! Two of my fave characters are Hochstetter and (esp.) SCHULTZ! "I know nussing, I see nussing!"

homeschoolmom

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1919150' date='Jul 13 2009, 09:21 PM']Whenever I try to watch it now, I can't help myself looking at Bob Crane and wondering why he ended up the way he did.[/quote]
:ohno: Yeah....

It's funny that all the Nazis are played by Jews.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1919469' date='Jul 14 2009, 08:34 AM']It's funny that all the Nazis are played by Jews.[/quote]

I didn't know that. That is hilarious.

Reminds of sick days when I was a kid and there was nothing on but this and Gilligan's Island.

Good times, good times.

princessgianna

[quote name='sarcasmguy126' post='1919458' date='Jul 14 2009, 07:54 AM']OH MY GOSH!!! I LOVE this show! Our family has like 4 seasons of it on DVD! Two of my fave characters are Hochstetter and (esp.) SCHULTZ! "I know nussing, I see nussing!"[/quote]
Hochstetter is amazing. One of my fav eposodes every one keeps asking him "are you here on a social visit. After Hogan says that to him-he is like "why is it every one thinks I am a social butterfly". Hochstetter's acting makes the show.

ANd I agree it can be pretty ridiculues however I still think you can have some decent laughs. I have a cousin in tghe army and one time he was in Germany watching TV. They had Hogan's Hero's on. He was like why would germans be showing Hogan's heros'.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Azriel' post='1919628' date='Jul 14 2009, 01:19 PM']Reminds of sick days when I was a kid and there was nothing on but this and Gilligan's Island.

Good times, good times.[/quote]
I own all three seasons of Gilligan's Island on dvd. :smokey: