An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Should Rexi Do?

Resurrexi

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rex... just one suggestion. Wait at least until you graduate from high school before you figure out your master and/or phD

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1919119' date='Jul 13 2009, 07:55 PM']Rex... just one suggestion. Wait at least until you graduate from high school before you figure out your post-grad.[/quote]

I'm just thinking ahead...

:unsure:

the lords sheep

And I switched majors after one semester. Look ahead and dream, but most importantly, daily surrender your life and your future work to the Lord.

As far as a Master's in Moral: there is no such degree [i]per se[/i], but when one seeks a Master's degree (to go on for a PhD, you'd need an MA or MTS), you typically declare some form of specialization, which can be moral, cannon law, or whatever else. If you enter the ecclesiastic track (ie- in the Pontifical system), you would get first and STB, then an STL (licentiate); in the STL program you can receive your degree in Moral Theology, although I don't think this is offered in the US.

I'm working on a MTS. We have four areas of specialization for the MDiv, MTS and MTh, Foundational, Biblical, Systematic, and Mora/Spiritual. I'm in Moral/Spiritual but am only taking Moral options. Don't want to get into the Spiritual which is more for future Spiritual Directors or Chaplains. I don't have enough Greek for Biblical, and I'd drive myself crazy in Systematic. Foundational would be okay, but since all the Canon Law and Social Doctrine stuff is in Moral, that's where I plopped myself.

hoosieranna

You could double major. Get a "job" degree and a theology degree, whichever kind you prefer.