An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phone Plans

picchick

Phone Plan  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

You've got way more options in the US than I do in Canada. :(
(I'm shopping for a good plan too.)

+J.M.J.+
had verizon for about 5 years. i like it. easy to deal with, and never had a problem with plans getting messed up or anything.

heavenseeker

i used to have Verizon but it doesnt work where i go to school even though they say that they have service here. so i switched to T-Moblile.

I joined my parent's Verizon plan last christmas and so far i like it. We've never had a problem with it, and with 5 lines and a few other perks, it's kinda reasonable pricing. I've also always had reception no matter where i went.

heavenseeker

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1918891' date='Jul 13 2009, 03:18 PM']I joined my parent's Verizon plan last christmas and so far i like it. We've never had a problem with it, and with 5 lines and a few other perks, it's kinda reasonable pricing. I've also always had reception no matter where i went.[/quote]
come to Atchison i promise that you will not get reception. unless you edit your phone so that it can illegally bounce signal off of other companies towers, but i havent see that done with the new phones yet only the old ones.

Edited by heavenseeker

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='picchick' post='1918860' date='Jul 13 2009, 01:38 PM']What do you have and what is your opinion on it?[/quote]

I have alltel/verizon. It is great and I have not had problems.

Oh, there was a deal on a certain smart phone plan. Now I will never go over my minutes or anything again. All in all I'll be paying between 90-100 dollars a month. It is worth it though! Oh, I got a blackberry pearl for .99. I got lucky! I am thankful. :-)

My wife and I had a companion plan though Sprint. For both phones and a bucket of shared minutes, it was approximately $75 per month.

Looking at the tons of minutes we were wasting ( unused ) each month, when the contract ended, we left her on the Sprint phone $29 a month. I switched to Tracfone and buy minutes when I need them ( works out to maybe $7 per month ).

I have T-Mobile and have not had any trouble. They were great when I broke my phone and their rates are reasonable. I find that they have the best rates for use abroad, I have used it across 4 continents.

Edited by Mercy me

T-Mobile, I went with them because they had the best rate for me. I haven't had any real problems with them either.

IcePrincessKRS

We've got ATT. They're pretty good (and roll over minutes are nice to have), my only problem is that it never seems to get decent signal at my house. Our combined bill (with two phones on the plan) varies from $80-90, it depends on how many texts we send/receive (we didn't opt for a plan with texting because we don't use it that often). When our contract expires next June Matt wants to switch to a pay as you go plan instead of the 2 year contract junk, we may switch carriers then as well (that would be most convenient for when he gets deployed, too, so I'm not paying for a phone that isn't getting used).

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1918917' date='Jul 13 2009, 05:03 PM']We've got ATT. They're pretty good (and roll over minutes are nice to have), my only problem is that it never seems to get decent signal at my house.[/quote]

Preach on sister! I bought my house last September (8 months into my 2 year contract) only to find out I NEVER get signal in my house with ATT. Since their service maps say I should get signal in my area I can not get out of the contract.

My job requires me to be on call every 5 weeks and that phone is verizion which gets great signal in my house so I will liley switch to Verizon when I contract is up. Is everyone pretty pleased with Verizon's customer serivce?

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1918892' date='Jul 13 2009, 01:20 PM']come to Atchison i promise that you will not get reception. unless you edit your phone so that it can illegally bounce signal off of other companies towers, but i havent see that done with the new phones yet only the old ones.[/quote]
as in kansas?

I have Verizon and it's been just fine for me. I've never had any issues, so I don't really know about customer service. I'm on a family plan with the rest of my family and basically only use my phone nights and weekends, so it's by far the cheapest way to go for me.

Icey - when you contract expires a lot of times you can continue with the same plan on a month to month basis without renewing the contract. You just have to ask about the stipulations - usually it means you can't upgrade your phone for free. Then you can cancel whenever you want with no extra fee.