An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is The Mailman?

The Bus Station

IcePrincessKRS

My mail comes at 2 at the earliest, usually not till after 3. My issue is that he doesn't check my box for outgoing mail, so even if it's sticking out and clearly visible (our box is attached to the wall near the door, so it doesn't have a flag) he doesn't take if for a day or two. THAT makes me mad. All he'd have to do is LOOK UP as he walks by and he doesn't. <_< This has happened at least 3 or 4 times.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1920131' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:42 PM']My mail comes at 2 at the earliest, usually not till after 3. My issue is that he doesn't check my box for outgoing mail, so even if it's sticking out and clearly visible (our box is attached to the wall near the door, so it doesn't have a flag) he doesn't take if for a day or two. THAT makes me mad. All he'd have to do is LOOK UP as he walks by and he doesn't. <_< This has happened at least 3 or 4 times.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:(
i don't put outgoing mail in my mailbox. i don't exactly trust that it won't get swiped (which, considering our fence has gotten grafitti'd several times, i think is a valid concern).

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1920134' date='Jul 14 2009, 09:43 PM']+J.M.J.+
:(
i don't put outgoing mail in my mailbox. i don't exactly trust that it won't get swiped (which, considering our fence has gotten grafitti'd several times, i think is a valid concern).[/quote]

Usually I will take it to the PO, but since Matt is away and I'm writing him letters a couple times a week it's easier to just put it out in the box... except that it raises my blood pressure when I go to check the mail and see that the letter is still there. Most of our bills are paid online rather than getting paper bills in the mail so we don't get mail every day. (if we got bills every single day that would pretty much smell of elderberries, too. lol)

franciscanheart

we have a clip attached to our mail box. we clip all of our outgoing mail to the outside of the box so the mail carrier knows to take it. :)

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1920560' date='Jul 15 2009, 12:20 PM']we have a clip attached to our mail box. we clip all of our outgoing mail to the outside of the box so the mail carrier knows to take it. :)[/quote]

I still think my mailman doesn't even bother looking, but I'm going to the store today so if I see some kind of clip that would work I'll give that a try. :)

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1920138' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:46 PM']Usually I will take it to the PO, but since Matt is away and I'm writing him letters a couple times a week it's easier to just put it out in the box... except that it raises my blood pressure when I go to check the mail and see that the letter is still there. Most of our bills are paid online rather than getting paper bills in the mail so we don't get mail every day. (if we got bills every single day that would pretty much smell of elderberries, too. lol)[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
we do most of ours online too.