An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cubs Game Aug 29th Or Oct 3rd?

LouisvilleFan

LouisvilleFan

I'd like to take a flight up to Chicago for a Cubs game... probably either the Sept 29th (vs Mets) or Oct 3rd (vs Diamondbacks). Picchick says there's the restraining order against her stepping within 100 ft of Wrigley Field won't be lifted until next year, so is anyone else interested in going? :)

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1919978' date='Jul 14 2009, 05:12 PM']I'd like to take a flight up to Chicago for a Cubs game... probably either the Sept 29th (vs Mets) or Oct 3rd (vs Diamondbacks).[/quote]

Bit of advice: make sure you can tickets first. Here is their website, along with prices:

[url="http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=chc"]http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/ticketing/index.jsp?c_id=chc[/url]

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1919978' date='Jul 14 2009, 05:12 PM']Picchick says there's the restraining order against her stepping within 100 ft of Wrigley Field won't be lifted until next year, so is anyone else interested in going? :)[/quote]

OK, this I gotta hear about!

homeschoolmom

HSdad is a Cubs fan. <sigh> I still remember the time we went to a game and parked like five million miles away from Wrigley... Fun times. I married him anyway... (in spite of the parking, not the Cubs)

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1920281' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:28 PM']HSdad is a Cubs fan. <sigh> I still remember the time we went to a game and parked like five million miles away from Wrigley... Fun times. I married him anyway... (in spite of the parking, not the Cubs)[/quote]

Probably saved a bundle though. Parking for sports games gets expensive quick.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1920316' date='Jul 14 2009, 10:50 PM']Probably saved a bundle though. Parking for sports games gets expensive quick.[/quote]

ESPECIALLY for Wrigley Field.....in fact, non-resident parking is banned for a mile or so around Wrigley for night games.

I have to check my schedule. I actually have off the 29th. I don't know about Oct. 3 but I am sure I can request off if I do work. I just don't know when I ship.

Stubhub is where I look for tickets. Not for Cubs. I don't buy cubs tickets.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1920239' date='Jul 14 2009, 09:55 PM']OK, this I gotta hear about![/quote]

:evil:

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='picchick' post='1919979' date='Jul 14 2009, 06:14 PM']Its not my fault that my mere humble presence overwhlems Cub fans.[/quote]

Oh, don't worry... the last hundred years or so are humbling enough. It may be how you desecrated our holy sanctuary by not being in absolute awe and amazement at your fortunate (and let's be honest, temporal) presence in the Friendly Confines... or as I describe it, a slice of heaven slapped down to earth and served up with an ice cold Old Style.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1920281' date='Jul 14 2009, 11:28 PM']HSdad is a Cubs fan. <sigh> I still remember the time we went to a game and parked like five million miles away from Wrigley... Fun times. I married him anyway... (in spite of the parking, not the Cubs)[/quote]

Yeah, bus or L-train are the way to go. People drive to Wal-Mart... Wrigley Field shall not be debased by approaching it like a common chain store. This is a pilgrimage, after all... one must approach slowly, in solemn silence, walking alongside our fellow man. We must never forget that every Cub fan is made Imago Dei.

Edited by LouisvilleFan

inunionwithrome

I would love to...but my sister is getting married and I will have begun teaching CCD by then...too bad..maybe in a couple of years...

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='inunionwithrome' post='1920548' date='Jul 15 2009, 11:37 AM']I would love to...but my sister is getting married and I will have begun teaching CCD by then...too bad..maybe in a couple of years...[/quote]

Are you in the Chicagoland area too?

Skip Wrigley, Go down the Red Line to US Cellular Field. Cheaper, more fun, and much more entertaining baseball. Oh... the person next to you will know a thing or two about baseball too... can't really say that over at Wrigley.

But, if you like frat parties, and binge drinking, Wrigley's the place to go. Here's my advice:

Tix to those two games will either be very cheap that week on stub hub, or well over a hundred for cheap seats depending on the Cubs do this second half. If they're in the race for the playoffs, then it will probably go down to those final games, and prices are going to be very expensive, and only place to get Scrubs tickets are online or scalpers (which are illegal in Illinois) because the games sell out before the season begins.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1919978' date='Jul 14 2009, 05:12 PM']I'd like to take a flight up to Chicago for a Cubs game... probably either the Sept 29th (vs Mets) or Oct 3rd (vs Diamondbacks). Picchick says there's the restraining order against her stepping within 100 ft of Wrigley Field won't be lifted until next year, so is anyone else interested in going? :)[/quote]

Sept 29 or Aug 29? Sept 29 is against Pittsburgh.