An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cubs Game Aug 29th Or Oct 3rd?

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1920526' date='Jul 15 2009, 09:05 AM']Oh, don't worry... the last hundred years or so are humbling enough. It may be how you desecrated our holy sanctuary by not being in absolute awe and amazement at your fortunate (and let's be honest, temporal) presence in the Friendly Confines... or as I describe it, a slice of heaven slapped down to earth and served up with an ice cold Old Style.[/quote]
How can one so holy, one so great, awesome, beautiful, noteworthy such as myself desecrate a place such as Wrigley Field. If anything I brought class to the place.

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1920527' date='Jul 15 2009, 09:12 AM']We must never forget that every Cub fan is made Imago Dei.[/quote]

Sox fans sits as His right hand. :mellow:

[quote name='Zoecool13' post='1920613' date='Jul 15 2009, 01:03 PM']Skip Wrigley, Go down the Red Line to US Cellular Field. Cheaper, more fun, and much more entertaining baseball. Oh... the person next to you will know a thing or two about baseball too... can't really say that over at Wrigley.

But, if you like frat parties, and binge drinking, Wrigley's the place to go. Here's my advice:

Tix to those two games will either be very cheap that week on stub hub, or well over a hundred for cheap seats depending on the Cubs do this second half. If they're in the race for the playoffs, then it will probably go down to those final games, and prices are going to be very expensive, and only place to get Scrubs tickets are online or scalpers (which are illegal in Illinois) because the games sell out before the season begins.[/quote]
:yes:

oh and :yes:

Edited by picchick

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1919978' date='Jul 14 2009, 05:12 PM']I'd like to take a flight up to Chicago for a Cubs game... probably either the Sept 29th (vs Mets) or Oct 3rd (vs Diamondbacks). Picchick says there's the restraining order against her stepping within 100 ft of Wrigley Field won't be lifted until next year, so is anyone else interested in going? :)[/quote]

I'm definitely game! Though ... I'll be cheering for either the Mets or DBacks ... :tomato:

I might have a lot of :beer: thrown at me. Though, it'd be free beer ...

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Zoecool13' post='1920613' date='Jul 15 2009, 02:03 PM']Skip Wrigley, Go down the Red Line to US Cellular Field. Cheaper, more fun, and much more entertaining baseball. Oh... the person next to you will know a thing or two about baseball too... can't really say that over at Wrigley.[/quote]

Yes, more entertaining... if you're referring to the crowd and the L-train ride getting there :)

[quote name='Zoecool13' post='1920613' date='Jul 15 2009, 02:03 PM']But, if you like frat parties, and binge drinking, Wrigley's the place to go.[/quote]

Harry Caray is our patron saint...

but there are two things worse than being a White Sox fan: a Yankee fan or a soccer fan.

[quote name='Zoecool13' post='1920613' date='Jul 15 2009, 02:03 PM']Here's my advice:

Tix to those two games will either be very cheap that week on stub hub, or well over a hundred for cheap seats depending on the Cubs do this second half. If they're in the race for the playoffs, then it will probably go down to those final games, and prices are going to be very expensive, and only place to get Scrubs tickets are online or scalpers (which are illegal in Illinois) because the games sell out before the season begins.[/quote]

What games sell out before the season begins? There are tickets for sale on the Cubs' web site for next week's games in the bleachers at $20/seat. But I'm throwing the idea out there now so we can get "cheap" seats before they sell out. :)

Edited by LouisvilleFan

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1920636' date='Jul 15 2009, 02:59 PM']Sept 29 or Aug 29? Sept 29 is against Pittsburgh.[/quote]

Aug 29th.

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1920636' date='Jul 15 2009, 01:59 PM']Sept 29 or Aug 29? Sept 29 is against Pittsburgh.[/quote]

Confused now, too.

I'll definitely only be able to make a weekend game, so I'd prefer August, or the Oct. 3rd date. Not sure, but if Aug. 29th is Labor Day weekend, that won't be good.

Other than that, I'm up for whichever. I'd say make a decision and post it.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='picchick' post='1920902' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:28 PM']How can one so holy, one so great, awesome, beautiful, noteworthy such as myself desecrate a place such as Wrigley Field. If anything I brought class to the place.[/quote]

I never said Wrigley Field is classy. Sanctuaries are not classy places, though sometimes people treat them as such... places to see and be seen. I wouldn't call the Temple, where priests slaughtered animal sacrifices and sprinkled the blood upon God's people a "classy" place. And the Holy of Holies? The glory of God would kill anyone who touched the Ark of the Covenant.

So I would posit that by bringing your "class" into our Inner Sanctuary, you did indeed desecrate a place that was created for sacrifice, honor, and even beauty... but not class.

[quote name='picchick' post='1920902' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:28 PM']Sox fans sits as His right hand. :mellow:[/quote]

I imagine the majority of our nation agrees with you here:

[img]http://blogs.suntimes.com/fullcourtpress/PX182_29CD_9.JPG[/img]

[quote name='picchick' post='1920902' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:28 PM']:yes:

oh and :yes:[/quote]

I think the evidence speaks for itself. The prosecution rests, your honor.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='mommas_boy' post='1920987' date='Jul 15 2009, 08:24 PM']Confused now, too.

I'll definitely only be able to make a weekend game, so I'd prefer August, or the Oct. 3rd date. Not sure, but if Aug. 29th is Labor Day weekend, that won't be good.

Other than that, I'm up for whichever. I'd say make a decision and post it.[/quote]

It's Aug 29th (vs Mets) or Oct 3rd (vs D-backs)... I double-checked before putting them in the title :) Both are Saturday games since I can't do a weekday either. The time is TBA for the 3rd, but 29th is 4:10.

And Labor Day is Sept 7th... I never think to check when those 3-day weekends are coming :)

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1921001' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:38 PM']It's Aug 29th (vs Mets) or Oct 3rd (vs D-backs)... I double-checked before putting them in the title :) Both are Saturday games since I can't do a weekday either. The time is TBA for the 3rd, but 29th is 4:10.

And Labor Day is Sept 7th... I never think to check when those 3-day weekends are coming :)[/quote]

Thanks. You rock.

[quote name='picchick' post='1920902' date='Jul 15 2009, 06:28 PM']How can one so holy, one so great, awesome, beautiful, noteworthy such as myself[/quote]

You forgot "modest". :tomato:

:P

Hmm...how should a Catholic choose in the Cubs vs. Sox debate?

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1920993' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:32 PM']I think the evidence speaks for itself. The prosecution rests, your honor.[/quote]

I'd like to add another witness for the prosecution:

[img]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/Norseman82/petbless_01_avatar.jpg[/img]

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1921006' date='Jul 15 2009, 07:45 PM']Hmm...how should a Catholic choose in the Cubs vs. Sox debate?[/quote]

By using common sense, understanding the art of baseball, and knowing that the White Sox are God's favorite team. Besides, God doesn't like losers. He loves them, but he doesn't like them. If all else fails, look to what they wear... from a post several years ago:

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=31754"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=31754[/url]

Oh... and if I remember correctly, the 2005 champions were the White Sox... followed in 2006 by the Cardinals. I should make another statement so that way we can win again.

I'll never forget the very moving tribute that the White Sox did for Pope John Paul 2 on April 4, 2005, 2 days after he passed away during their Home Opener (I was there). It was very cool. I didn't hear too many other teams do that.

LouisvilleFan

Good times! Let's go with Sat, Aug 29th vs. the Mets at 3:10 PM.

My plan is to fly in Sat morning and go back Monday, so I'll be around Sunday. Would love to visit Goose Island or another local brewery.

Goooooooooo Cubbies!

LouisvilleFan

Mommas_boy is in, Picchick if she isn't shipped out, and not sure about Norseman... anyone else?

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Cubs over Sox all day.

I live in New Orleans and am a die hard Saints fan [as every good Catholic should be ;-) I mean who doesn't want to be part of that number, that communion of Saints]. Now everyone knows that the Saints have been playing horribly for many years and just now seem to be coming into their own. The Cubs have not won a championship in over 100 yrs. and in the past couple of years have seemed to be doing very well. No one truly understands a Cubs fan like a Saints fan and I am both. haha. This year CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR BOTH BABY!!!! haha.