An Old School Catholic Message Board

Water

Resurrexi

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

homeschoolmom

I don't like water. I usually drink a glass of it once a day or so. I like Fruit2O, though. I drink that a lot.

IcePrincessKRS

I don't have an estimate. It varies day to day, and I have really big glasses. So, one of mine might equal 2 of yours.

Fidei Defensor

I reuse my "Smart Water" bottle, which is 1L. I usually drink about 2 bottles worth of water a day.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1923926' date='Jul 18 2009, 04:40 PM']I don't have an estimate. It varies day to day, and I have really big glasses. So, one of mine might equal 2 of yours.[/quote]

See the modified poll.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1923930' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:41 PM']See the modified poll.[/quote]

well i don't know that either... you want me to go measure it out? :lol_roll:

eagle_eye222001

I drink 8 glasses of soda a day.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lady+gaga/track/poker+face"]Lady GaGa - Poker Face[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1923932' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:43 PM']well i don't know that either... you want me to go measure it out? :lol_roll:[/quote]

6 3/4 cups (the size glass I usually drink out of) vs. 5 1/4 cups (a regular sized glass) minimum per day. That's if I only fill the glass 3 times. I think I usually drink more, though.

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1923954' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:17 PM']I drink 8 glasses of soda a day.[/quote]
Soda has been linked to osteoporosis (high amounts of phosphoric acid means more phosphates in blood, which leach calcium from bone), tooth enamel decay (because of the acid + sugar), aspartame can lead to brain tumors, and the phosphorous/phosphoric acid can be problematic for kidneys, stomach, and liver. Not to mention the caffeine, which in quantities that high can pose long-term health risks. If what you drink is caffeinated.

Moderation in all things ... :mellow:

I drink bottled H20, so no fiddler. I drink 3-4 16 oz. bottles a day, plus I like Vitamin Water and Sobe Lifewater -- although some flavors not as much these days. So I drink a lot of water. Some milk -- usually 1 glass a day or so. Also one glass of OJ.

I very rarely drink soft drinks, although I have been drinking ginger ale recently. Also I like San Pellegrino makes a carbonated beverage with either lemon or orange flavor I really like but don't have too often. Most soft drinks are too sweet for me though.

Thomist-in-Training

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1923972' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:45 PM']Soda has been linked to osteoporosis (high amounts of phosphoric acid means more phosphates in blood, which leach calcium from bone), tooth enamel decay (because of the acid + sugar), aspartame can lead to brain tumors, and the phosphorous/phosphoric acid can be problematic for kidneys, stomach, and liver. Not to mention the caffeine, which in quantities that high can pose long-term health risks. If what you drink is caffeinated.

Moderation in all things ... :mellow:

I drink bottled H20, so no fiddler. I drink 3-4 16 oz. bottles a day, plus I like Vitamin Water and Sobe Lifewater -- although some flavors not as much these days. So I drink a lot of water. Some milk -- usually 1 glass a day or so. Also one glass of OJ.

I very rarely drink soft drinks, although I have been drinking ginger ale recently. Also I like San Pellegrino makes a carbonated beverage with either lemon or orange flavor I really like but don't have too often. Most soft drinks are too sweet for me though.[/quote]

Oh I wish I could get my mom to stop drinking so much soda... I asked her whether there was anything at all I could do to convince her and she said no.

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1923974' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:51 PM']Oh I wish I could get my mom to stop drinking so much soda... I asked her whether there was anything at all I could do to convince her and she said no.[/quote]
Honestly the osteoporosis thing is enough to make me less than thrilled. It's an issue for women anyway, without the soda complication.

I used to drink a lot of soda, but the calories add up quick (180 for a can, more for a 20 oz. bottle). I don't need any extra calories.