An Old School Catholic Message Board

Water

Resurrexi

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

cmotherofpirl

I probably drink 5-6 cups of hot tea everyday.
I won't touch bottled water unless its in glass. Plastic is NOT safe.

[url="http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/090521141208.htm"]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/...90521141208.htm[/url]

[url="http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03/090326100714.htm"]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/...90326100714.htm[/url]

elizabeth09

I drink tea and water now. I drink soda when we have party. But I am trying to not drink soda and coffee anymore.

[quote name='elizabeth09' post='1925326' date='Jul 19 2009, 11:40 PM']I drink tea and water now. I drink soda when we have party. But I am trying to not drink soda and coffee anymore.[/quote]

I take it that you drink decaffeinated tea?

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1925058' date='Jul 19 2009, 06:29 PM']+J.M.J.+
uh, it's not mine. i was at a farm this weekend.[/quote]

The only time I've had gross well water was when it was sulfur-y. :pinch: I grew up on well water, though, and it's always been good. When I have "city water" I can taste the chemicals in it. That's gross.

Nihil Obstat

Our fridge has a water fiddler, but it's almost completely unnecessary because we have some of the cleanest tap water in the world. Fairly hard, but very very clean.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1925392' date='Jul 20 2009, 12:13 AM']Our fridge has a water fiddler, but it's almost completely unnecessary because we have some of the cleanest tap water in the world. Fairly hard, but very very clean.[/quote]

Hard water tastes bad.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1925420' date='Jul 20 2009, 12:23 AM']Hard water tastes bad.[/quote]
Well we use water softener. It just doesn't get rid of all of it.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1925351' date='Jul 20 2009, 05:52 AM']The only time I've had gross well water was when it was sulfur-y. :pinch: I grew up on well water, though, and it's always been good. When I have "city water" I can taste the chemicals in it. That's gross.[/quote]
The water in FL is horrible - sulfur tastes bad. And where I grew up you could taste the chlorine in the water.

I don't like the taste of well-water either. My parents have a well, and after I moved out they got a filtration system and a softener. Grumble.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1925351' date='Jul 19 2009, 10:52 PM']The only time I've had gross well water was when it was sulfur-y. :pinch: I grew up on well water, though, and it's always been good. When I have "city water" I can taste the chemicals in it. That's gross.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
their water was pretty 'soft', you could taste the salt in it. :pinch:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1925536' date='Jul 20 2009, 05:17 AM']The water in FL is horrible - sulfur tastes bad. And where I grew up you could taste the chlorine in the water.[/quote]

Yeah, and sulfur water makes your bathrooms stink, too. I used to babysit for a family that had really bad sulfur-water, it was so smelly. :ohno:

The chlorine taste is what I can't stand about city tap water. Tastes like I'm drinking pool water. Blech.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1925637' date='Jul 20 2009, 02:10 PM']+J.M.J.+
their water was pretty 'soft', you could taste the salt in it. :pinch:[/quote]

That's really weird. I've never had well water that tasted salty. That sounds gross, too. All the other places I've been with well water (my mom, grandfather, and in laws homes, in particular) it has tasted a little bit sweet.

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1925657' date='Jul 20 2009, 11:52 AM']That's really weird. I've never had well water that tasted salty. That sounds gross, too. All the other places I've been with well water (my mom, grandfather, and in laws homes, in particular) it has tasted a little bit sweet.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
yeah, when you washed with it, it felt 'oily' almost. like you hadn't gotten off all the soap yet. :pinch: ugh.

dauntingknight

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1923972' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:45 PM']Soda has been linked to osteoporosis (high amounts of phosphoric acid means more phosphates in blood, which leach calcium from bone), tooth enamel decay (because of the acid + sugar), aspartame can lead to brain tumors, and the phosphorous/phosphoric acid can be problematic for kidneys, stomach, and liver. Not to mention the caffeine, which in quantities that high can pose long-term health risks. If what you drink is caffeinated.

Moderation in all things ... :mellow:

I drink bottled H20, so no fiddler. I drink 3-4 16 oz. bottles a day, plus I like Vitamin Water and Sobe Lifewater -- although some flavors not as much these days. So I drink a lot of water. Some milk -- usually 1 glass a day or so. Also one glass of OJ.

I very rarely drink soft drinks, although I have been drinking ginger ale recently. Also I like San Pellegrino makes a carbonated beverage with either lemon or orange flavor I really like but don't have too often. Most soft drinks are too sweet for me though.[/quote]
Wow, you believed eagle_eye? :detective:

I was just at Philmont Scout Ranch near Cimaron NM and the staff there cugged a whole liter down my mouth during a team building exercise.
The Point of it was to get us to drink a lot of water for the next ten days that m crew qwere on the trail.

Edited by dauntingknight