An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rexi

Resurrexi

[img]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2701/inquisitionmontypythonwz1.jpg[/img]
Bet you didn't expect that!

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1929757' date='Jul 23 2009, 04:20 PM']Who could ever expect the Spanish Inquisition?[/quote]

I always expect the Holy Roman Inquisition. It is always coming out with [url="http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/doc_doc_index.htm"]interesting documents[/url].

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1925347' date='Jul 20 2009, 12:51 AM']That would not be a very smart move on my part. MIkolbe is a powerful moderator now.[/quote]
pretend he's the guy on the wheel.
[img]http://dlibrary.acu.edu.au/research/theology/ejournal/aejt_9/images/spanish_inquisition.JPG[/img]
now don't you want to "talk" to him about his friendship with sultan hassan?

"[i]Torture[/i] which uses physical or moral violence to extract confessions, punish the guilty, frighten opponents, or satisfy hatred is contrary to respect for the person and for human dignity." ([i]Catechism of the Catholic Church[/i], no. 2297)

"In times past, cruel practices were commonly used by legitimate governments to maintain law and order, often without protest from the Pastors of the Church, who themselves adopted in their own tribunals the prescriptions of Roman law concerning torture. Regrettable as these facts are, the Church always taught the duty of clemency and mercy. She forbade clerics to shed blood. In recent times it has become evident that these cruel practices were neither necessary for public order, nor in conformity with the legitimate rights of the human person. On the contrary, these practices led to ones even more degrading." ([i]Catechism of the Catholic Church[/i], no. 2298)

like i said. i read two books on the inquisition. the church was murdering tons of inocents with the popes approval.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pat22' post='1930088' date='Jul 23 2009, 09:29 PM']like i said. i read two books on the inquisition. the church was murdering tons of inocents with the popes approval.[/quote]

Since when are those who knowingly and willingly violate an important just law innocents?

??? they where burning some of those dudes for donating candles to their dirt poor jewish neighbors! and the church has no right to be killing anyone outside of there itybity "country".
its not even big enough to be reffered to as a city in my opinion.

[quote name='pat22' post='1942154' date='Aug 6 2009, 03:02 PM']??? they where burning some of those dudes for donating candles to their dirt poor jewish neighbors![/quote]

You are going to have to cite a book and page number confirming what you say.

[quote name='pat22' post='1942154' date='Aug 6 2009, 03:02 PM']and the church has no right to be killing anyone outside of there itybity "country".
its not even big enough to be reffered to as a city in my opinion.[/quote]

Clerics never put anyone to death. After being charged with heresy by an ecclesiastical court, the accused would be punished by the civil authorities.

[quote name='pat22' post='1942161' date='Aug 6 2009, 03:09 PM']you have to read a history book thats not written by a catholic one day.[/quote]

Do you think that I haven't done so before?