An Old School Catholic Message Board

Intercessors Of The Lamb

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

[url="http://www.bellwetheromaha.org/"]http://www.bellwetheromaha.org/[/url]

Have you heard of them? If so, what?

Irishdancingmimi

My how....colorful! Never heard of them before, but I would be interested in what others had to say about them!

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Irishdancingmimi' post='1927782' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:02 AM']My how....colorful! Never heard of them before, but I would be interested in what others had to say about them![/quote]

The teal is because heaven is blue, earth is green, and teal is in between. The intercessors are between heaven and earth. So, the color is hideous, but the meaning is awesome.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Irishdancingmimi' post='1927793' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:07 AM']Well thats really cool.

*cough* still not as nice as plain black and white though... :whistle:[/quote]

Agreed :saint:

:P

InHisLove726

I think the color of the habit is hideous too. :P I also think the buildings stick out like a sore thumb!

On a more serious note, they are affliated with the Council for Major Superiors of Women Religious (CMSWR), and have been recognized as being faithful to the Magisterium. They aren't my style at all because they are charismatic Catholics, but they do serve a very useful purpose of evangelization and prayer. I'm drawn to more contemplative orders. That being said, I think that if one is drawn to charismatic orders, this is a good place to start. ;)

Deus te Amat

I just got off the phone with someone who recently attended one of their conferences. My curiosity was piqued. I was wondering what fellow phatmassers thought. :)

I have a very cool examination of conscience by them...

thoroughly examines your attitudes in regards to each of the deadly sins... so it's really good for helping you get to the bottom of what you struggle with and make a good confession that isn't a mere repeat of the same thing over again. Helps you see where you're making progress...

anyway, it's designed for intercessors themselves... and they seem to have an emphasis on growing in the spiritual life through things like journaling... and their apostolate seems to have a very one on one aspect to it, which is cool.

I didn't know they were a religious order, though. I thought they were some kind of lay association. But I don't know anything about them directly... I just found the examination in the library at OLAM...

Edited by zunshynn

hi! Intercessors of the Lamb are a public association of the faithful, soon to be Society of Apostolic Life. By the way i am a Lay Companion of IOL. I would like to share his link about Sr. Mary Danika of the Morning Star:

[url="http://www.spencerdailyreporter.com/story/1233254.html"]Sr. Mary Danika - July 25, 2007 Report[/url]

VeniteAdoremus

I actually think the colour is cool :tomato: although there's nothing better than white and black, of course!

What I'm wondering about, though, is that they call themselves "hermits" - what is that about? Do they live in hermitages? I can't find it on the web site.

Probably the following from the Spencer Report would give light on why they are called hermits:
[quote]Those in her community begin each weekday at 6 a.m. with morning prayer. This is followed by silent prayer from 6:30 - 8:30 a.m. and then a time of discernment in each of their houses until 10 a.m.

"That's where we get together and lift up every prayer request that comes in the mail, over the fax or e-mail. We get hundreds every day," Sister Danika said. "...We pray for a huge variety of stuff, which shows that nothing is too big or too little for God."

Formation class, which takes place then until 11:30 a.m., has the religious initiates studying the teachings that Mother Nadine has given them. Following lunch, all are assigned to various jobs from 12:30 - 4 p.m.

Following a daily mass, the group of 65 gathers together on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to eat dinner. On other days, the evening meal is eaten in the houses they reside in.

Weekend schedules differ for those in the religious order in that they rise at 7 a.m. Saturday, pray until 8 a.m., attend mass at 8:30 a.m. and then clean the house and experience "free time" - where they can write and receive letters among other things - until dinner. The weekend then becomes a "hermitic" time - or quiet, contemplative and private - until Monday morning. The only time talking is heard is during the 5:30 p.m. mass on Sunday.[/quote]

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1927744' date='Jul 21 2009, 10:49 PM'][url="http://www.bellwetheromaha.org/"]http://www.bellwetheromaha.org/[/url]

Have you heard of them? If so, what?[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
i have several books by them. really good books.

RosaMystica

My cousin is an Intercessor of the Lamb :) I would recommend going on one of their retreats. They are very holy Sisters (and Brothers, too) and I love their charism! BUT! On the other hand.. I'm not too crazy about the color of the habits, even though it does have a beautiful meaning. :P