An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Suddenly Glad I Didn't Go To Harvard

Deus te Amat

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928217' date='Jul 22 2009, 01:22 PM']I'll bet their financial aid packages are going to be cut significantly. Seems like I read something this week that Ave Maria University fired someone, a Jesuit, who said it was because he was speaking out about financial issues he had trouble with.[/quote]
Ave has a history of doing that sort of thing. They have been ... less than respectable in the way the've handled faculty, especially with their law school.

[quote name='scardella' post='1928190' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:45 PM']Breakfast was the best meal in the meal halls during my stay at Franciscan, although that's not saying much.[/quote]

:yes: lol

That was the only thing I ate from the Caf while at FUS lol

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1928104' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:04 AM']Harvard has some goofy ways of spending money... I had a classmate who went/is there, and I remember him telling me once that if you want to do your foreign language in a really uncommon language, they'll actually go out and find someone that speaks it to teach you. Bizarre. I don't know if the student paid extra for that, but he made it sound like they did not. He had a friend that wanted to learn this indigenous African tribal language, (I can't even remember what it was... there's like 60 people in the world that speak it). So they found someone in the village to teach him... I guess they must have paid for him to get there and everything. I mean... kind of cool, I guess. But that's just wierd.[/quote]

That's really cool.

princessgianna

[quote name='BG45' post='1928119' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:20 AM']I'd believe it. When I went to Boston for a conference we took the train to Harvard and to MIT, to check out their book stores and say we'd been there. At Harvard we never saw a single person smile in four hours.[/quote]
You are silly wasting precious time when you could be studying! And learning to act like a jerk.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1928121' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:26 AM']Two friends and I spent this last spring break in Boston, near MIT and Harvard. When we toured the campuses, we had so many people ask us directions because we were actually smiling and friendly looking. Lol.

And we got a lot of strange looks because we were so silly. :unsure:[/quote]
So silly indeed actaully being nice. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1928768' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:11 PM']Boo Harvard.

Yeah Yale.

That is all.[/quote]

Princeton, anyone?

Lilllabettt

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1928772' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:11 PM']Princeton, anyone?[/quote]

Hissssss.

Does Princeton even have a grad school? Dint think so.

Only thing worse than Princeton is Stanford, ugly, pathetic step-sister of the ivies.

I take it you went to Yale...lol. I sent this article to my friend who just graduated from Yale--a little schadenfreude. He says stuff about how Harvard has Veritas, but Yale has Lux et Veritas--obviously superior. lol.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1928101' date='Jul 22 2009, 11:00 AM']Yes, it's a pity that all the residence halls wont be serving hot breakfasts every morning. :mellow: It would stink having to start your day with cold ham and cereal.[/quote]
Yeah. Really. And fruit. Poor kids. I see this as one of the many ways they frivolously spent money, like irresponsible people who max their credit cards on eating out all the time and buying new toys instead of paying the mortgage. It all ends in tears.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1928101' date='Jul 22 2009, 10:00 AM']Yes, it's a pity that all the residence halls wont be serving hot breakfasts every morning. :mellow: It would stink having to start your day with cold ham and cereal.[/quote]

I feel bad for all the Harvard students.

:sadwalk:

In 50 years when the property values in Boston are 100 times higher, they will seem like geniuses for adding all that land. Unless Boston is under water because of rising sea levels.

Few tragedies have made me laugh so much this year!

:lol_roll:

Although don't get me wrong, it is a tragedy; but they dread cold-cuts! Give me a break; pampered little brats comes to mind, but I don't want to be judgemental.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1928775' date='Jul 22 2009, 08:13 PM']Hissssss.

Does Princeton even have a grad school? Dint think so.

Only thing worse than Princeton is Stanford, ugly, pathetic step-sister of the ivies.[/quote]

um...the Institute for Advanced Study (think Einstein) is there. They also have a grad school.

Hey! My spouse went to Stanford. Gorgeous campus.