An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are Your Favorite Songs And Why?

princessgianna

princessgianna

What are your top favorite songs and why?

Just a couple questions to help you think!

Do you like the message? Is the music just awesome? Does the song speak to you in any way that you feel like you can relate? Does the song have a double meaning that perhaps you picked up that wasn't the intention of the artist?

:cans:

I am curious to hear what your favorite songs are and why.

God bless
:blowkiss:
Princessgianna~

Bring the Rain by Mercyme. It speaks to me and my life.

My most recent favorite is Wash me Clean by Shawn McDonald. Great message, and wicked music.

princessgianna

I think right now my fav. song is "This One's For The Girls" -Martina McBride. it came up in 2003. I remember when it came out. I really like it.

Here is the Chorus:
[quote]This one's for the girls
Who've ever had a broken heart
Who've wished upon a shooting star
You're beautiful the way you are
This one's for the girls
Who love without holding back
Who dream with everything they have
All around the world
This one's for the girls[/quote]

DemonSlayer

My favourite songs recently include Alias by In Flames, Beauty of Grace by Life In Your Way and Disappear by Anberlin.

tinytherese

God Blessed the Broken Road describes my conversion from being a luke-warm Catholic to being a devout Catholic really well. It's like me singing to my beloved Lord. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Skinamarinky dinky dink skinamarinky do, is a song that involves a tradition at my old college.

Only Hope

One Bread One Body

Defying Gravity

How Beautiful (Is the Body of Christ)

Jesus Christ, You Are My Life

The Light of the World (the theme song from WYD 2002 that I have on cd)

The Summons

The Cartoon Song is just plain funny.

The Saga Begins

Get Right Back to Where We Started From

Ain't No Mountain

There are a bunch of others as well. I find that I tend to get a lot from *chaste* secular love songs in my prayer life because they remind me of Our Lord.

I also really enjoy this music video and the song that goes with it. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQMHPUBc5P8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQMHPUBc5P8[/url] Jane Austen :love:

Edited by tinytherese

princessgianna

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1932862' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:06 PM']How Beautiful (Is the Body of Christ)[/quote]
THat is a beautiful song! It makes me cry!

My secular song of the moment is [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C55DeU568A&feature=fvw"]"One Sweet Love" by Sara Bareilles[/url]. It echoes a lot of the questions I've been asking myself lately, and brings up some amazing memories from this summer.

My Christian song of the moment is [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0h2sUC6wPg"]"Two Hands" by Jars of Clay[/url]. :clap: Just listen. It's me to the core.

Edited by MissyP89

I have so many favorites for different reasons/occasions! My current favorite songs that I have been playing the most are "[i]Rainiest Day of Summer[/i]" and "[i]Apathy[/i]" both by a group called [b]Elizabeth & the Catapult[/b]

If you listen to them, you will probably understand :) I think they are both amazing songs. [i]Spotlight[/i] by [b]Mute Math [/b]is also very good!

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr Crowley
Immortal Technique - The Point Of No Return
Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence
Iron Maiden - No More Lies
Death - Pull The Plug
New Order - true Faith

Marie-Therese

Varg, I agree with Depeche Mode. :yes: Great band.

The catalog of songs that I love would fill several NFL sized stadiums. I might love lyrics, or a tune, or even a snippet of a song. Music is, to me, a visceral thing.

tinytherese

Oh wait, how could I forget Veggie Tale music? The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything is a great song.

StGiannaismyhero!

[color="#9932CC"]My all time favorite song is Bride of Christ by April Verch. It's about being a nun and it really expresses my relationship with Jesus. Also I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2. Again it just expresses what I feel about my life. You Don't Have To Move That Mountain by Nickel Creek.
Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. Captured by Tom Booth. Unborn Victims of Violence by Father Stan. If I were Jesus by ?? The Cartoon Song because it makes me think of DYLC because the year I went the theme was Toon into God and it was by far one of the best weeks of my la life. Sorry inside joke... Hand Motions in Heaven by Bob Rice and Chris Padgett just because it makes me laugh really hard.
I'm sure I will think of more but that's it for now.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria![/color]