An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are Your Favorite Songs And Why?

princessgianna

[quote name='StGiannaismyhero!' post='1940091' date='Aug 3 2009, 07:56 PM'][color="#9932CC"]My all time favorite song is Bride of Christ by April Verch. It's about being a nun and it really expresses my relationship with Jesus. Also I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For by U2. Again it just expresses what I feel about my life. You Don't Have To Move That Mountain by Nickel Creek.
Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman. Captured by Tom Booth. Unborn Victims of Violence by Father Stan. If I were Jesus by ?? The Cartoon Song because it makes me think of DYLC because the year I went the theme was Toon into God and it was by far one of the best weeks of my la life. Sorry inside joke... Hand Motions in Heaven by Bob Rice and Chris Padgett just because it makes me laugh really hard.
I'm sure I will think of more but that's it for now.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria![/color][/quote]

I just listened to You Don't Have to Move That Mountain. I love Nickel Creek.

StGiannaismyhero!

[color="#9932CC"]I just listened to the radio for about an hour and found some more. I don't remember who a lot of these are by, sorry.

You've Got Something to Say. Because I believe that every Catholic has something to say and shouldn't be afraid to say it.
Let Us Pray. Because it's true that every moment of every day should be a prayer.
My Heart Goes Out to You. Because I have a very big heart and when ever I see anyone in trouble or needing something they don't have it makes my heart hurt.
Lose My Soul by TobyMac. Because I don't want to lose my soul
Irene by TobyMac. See My Heart Goes Out to You.
More Beautiful You by Johnny Diaz. Because every young girl needs to know that in God's eyes she is the most beautiful person in the world.
I Wish. Because sometimes I mess up and I wish I could change that.
Free to Be Me. Because even though I mess up sometimes I need to remember that God still loves me
Letting Go. Because I need to learn how to let go.
Motions. Because I don't want to go through the motions any more.
You Can Take Away. Because it's true that no matter what gets taken away, I will still have all that I need in Christ Jesus.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria![/color]

I just saw Taylor Swift in concert a couple of weeks ago. She was on right before Kenny Chesney. Well, I heard her rather than saw her since I was trapped in the stadium kitchen making hotdogs.

princessgianna

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1940058' date='Aug 3 2009, 07:16 PM']How has eagle eye not posted anything yet? :eek:[/quote]
I don't know! :unsure:

I ll have to inform him about my lovely thread :mobile:

Edited by princessgianna

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1928792' date='Jul 22 2009, 09:19 PM']My most recent favorite is Wash me Clean by Shawn McDonald. Great message, and wicked music.[/quote]
He really does make gorgeous music. Just bought this.

[quote name='tinytherese' post='1935639' date='Jul 30 2009, 01:25 PM']Oh wait, how could I forget Veggie Tale music? The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything is a great song.[/quote]
:twothumbsup: It's sad how few people get the reference when I tell them I've never bathed in yogurt. :ohno:

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1940077' date='Aug 3 2009, 08:47 PM']I've been listening to Big Daddy Weave's this afternoon. Pretty good stuff.[/quote]
Definitely. They had a free sampler up on Amazon for a while, and I was really surprised at the quality.

Picked up a few other suggestions too. Thanks!

My current favorites are: "This is Your Life" by the Newsboys, "Bring Me To Life" by Thousand Foot Krutch, and "Stand Up (Iris Mix)" by Stromkern.

tinytherese

Oh and because of the rough situation going on between my dad and I, I've grown a heck of a lot closer to Our Heavenly Father and these songs give me some level of comfort and inspiration.

You're My Little Girl by Go Fish

My Father's Eye's by Amy Grant

StGiannaismyhero!

Whatever, because I need to learn to surrender completely to God.
You Are The Lord by Matt Maher just because I like the sound of it.
The End and the Beginning by Matt Maher because I love that he started a song with transubstantiation, but also because it's a very good way of looking at the Mass.
Your Love is Extravagant by Matt Maher because it's true. So often I wonder why He loves me the way He does.

JMJ+
~Betsy

Totus tuus Maria!