tinytherese Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 [quote name='piano_freak184' post='1932298' date='Jul 26 2009, 02:33 AM']I have no patience what so ever with people under the age of 10.[/quote] I'm the same way. I can easily picture myself as the kind of mom that would constantly yell at their kids. (Sweetly) "Aurelia, go brush your teeth." (Annoyed) "Aurelia, come on brush your teeth." (More Annoyed) "Aurelia, I told you to go brush your teeth." (Steam Working Up) "Aurelia...Brush. Your. Teeth...NOW." (YELLING) "AURELIA! BRUSH YOUR TEETH RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY!!!!!!!!!!"
piano_freak184 Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1933568' date='Jul 27 2009, 11:24 PM']I'm the same way. I can easily picture myself as the kind of mom that would constantly yell at their kids. (Sweetly) "Aurelia, go brush your teeth." (Annoyed) "Aurelia, come on brush your teeth." (More Annoyed) "Aurelia, I told you to go brush your teeth." (Steam Working Up) "Aurelia...Brush. Your. Teeth...NOW." (YELLING) "AURELIA! BRUSH YOUR TEETH RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY!!!!!!!!!!"[/quote] Pshh why yell at them when you can just pick them up and throw them into the bathroom yourself and lock them in there until they brush their teeth?
Resurrexi Posted July 28, 2009 Author Posted July 28, 2009 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1933568' date='Jul 27 2009, 10:24 PM']I'm the same way. I can easily picture myself as the kind of mom that would constantly yell at their kids. (Sweetly) "Aurelia, go brush your teeth." (Annoyed) "Aurelia, come on brush your teeth." (More Annoyed) "Aurelia, I told you to go brush your teeth." (Steam Working Up) "Aurelia...Brush. Your. Teeth...NOW." (YELLING) "AURELIA! BRUSH YOUR TEETH RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY!!!!!!!!!!"[/quote] I love the name Aurelia.
homeschoolmom Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1932400' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:13 AM']Oh, and names we would consider: Freya/Freja, Magdalena, Xavier. I really like the name Ezra, but DH will never go for it.[/quote] My daughter has a friend named Freya.
Christie_M Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1933568' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:24 PM']I'm the same way. I can easily picture myself as the kind of mom that would constantly yell at their kids. (Sweetly) "Aurelia, go brush your teeth." (Annoyed) "Aurelia, come on brush your teeth." (More Annoyed) "Aurelia, I told you to go brush your teeth." (Steam Working Up) "Aurelia...Brush. Your. Teeth...NOW." (YELLING) "AURELIA! BRUSH YOUR TEETH RIGHT NOW YOUNG LADY!!!!!!!!!!"[/quote] that's alot nicer then me lol well, if caring for my 2 yearold sister is any indication of how i'll treat my children, then it's not so bad...providing they're not like my sister. i tell her not to do something and she just stares at me with a mischievious smile slowly growing. then she runs off and does what i just told her not to do.
tinytherese Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 [quote name='Christie_M' post='1933902' date='Jul 28 2009, 01:28 PM']that's alot nicer then me lol well, if caring for my 2 yearold sister is any indication of how i'll treat my children, then it's not so bad...providing they're not like my sister. i tell her not to do something and she just stares at me with a mischievious smile slowly growing. then she runs off and does what i just told her not to do. [/quote] It's a sibling thing. They sure do like to intentionally push our buttons.
tinytherese Posted July 28, 2009 Posted July 28, 2009 [quote name='piano_freak184' post='1933691' date='Jul 28 2009, 02:25 AM']Pshh why yell at them when you can just pick them up and throw them into the bathroom yourself and lock them in there until they brush their teeth?[/quote] Locking them in there might scare them, especially since it's so forceful. I also had a really bad experience with something like that when I was little. My dad despises tears and usually his short temper comes out or he gets into mockery mode when he sees someone do it unless it's because somebody died or something. Then it's acceptable to him to have someone cry. I cried in front of him when I was like four or five and he scared me with yelling that I needed to stop crying. I made myself stop sheeding tears but I still kept breathing in such a way that he could tell that I was holding back tears which made him mad, so he angrily put me into the bathroom and said that I couldn't come out until I was done.
Angel*Star Posted July 29, 2009 Posted July 29, 2009 [quote name='piano_freak184' post='1932298' date='Jul 26 2009, 02:33 AM']I like William for a boy and Claire for a girl. but I seriously doubt I'll have kids. I have no patience what so ever with people under the age of 10.[/quote] Adopt older kids then. Lots of them need homes. [quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1932398' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:12 AM']Neither did I, until I had my own child. I never knew I could have so much fun with a baby.[/quote] I told my mom I never wanted kids. Now I have dozens of them and wish I had more! You are so right, Archaeology cat, kids are great and worth it all!
Archaeology cat Posted July 29, 2009 Posted July 29, 2009 [quote name='Angel*Star' post='1934538' date='Jul 29 2009, 05:59 AM']Adopt older kids then. Lots of them need homes.[/quote] I felt so bad for my older foster brother because there were some families who said they'd take his younger brother, but not him, because he was 12 at the time. His brother was 5. Thankfully there was a family that wanted both of them together (my parents were too old to adopt them) [quote name='Angel*Star' post='1934538' date='Jul 29 2009, 05:59 AM']I told my mom I never wanted kids. Now I have dozens of them and wish I had more! You are so right, Archaeology cat, kids are great and worth it all![/quote] I know what you mean! I'd love to have an entire houseful now.
SuperErinWoman Posted July 29, 2009 Posted July 29, 2009 I can't wait to have kids! These are some of my favorite girl names: Anastasia Jane Christina Lydia Catherine May (only as a middle name) Trinity (as a middle name, if I could find a first name that I like that goes well with it) Some favorite boy names: Maximilian Asher Luke Raphael Benedict Leo Liam Joseph
StGiannaismyhero! Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 [color="#9932CC"]My first girl would be Maria Rose. After that they would all have the middle name Marie or Maria. My first boy would be John. Girls names: Therese, Monica, Leonie, Gianna, Elizabeth, Joan, Kathleen, Brigid. (One of the names I'm going to submit when I enter the convent is going to be Monica Gianna-Marie. ) Guys names: Peter, Paul, James, John (or maybe Seamus), Maximilian, Casey. JMJ+ ~Betsy Totus tuus Maria! [/color]
Archaeology cat Posted August 5, 2009 Posted August 5, 2009 Other names I like: Seraphina, Yves, Jean-Baptiste
pat22 Posted August 6, 2009 Posted August 6, 2009 [quote name='piano_freak184' post='1932298' date='Jul 26 2009, 02:33 AM']I like William for a boy and Claire for a girl. but I seriously doubt I'll have kids. I have no patience what so ever with people under the age of 10.[/quote] i can stand them until 'bout 6, then even i am annoying
tinytherese Posted August 21, 2009 Posted August 21, 2009 So one of my friends is due to give birth next month and she and her husband won't tell people what the name of the baby boy will be. She said that it was a biblical name and her husband (perhaps) said that it started with an E and he said that it was six letters long. I figured it out basically right away but my friend's friend didn't. She had to think about it and then she exclaimed, "Oh Gabby, that's such a dumb name- Edward!" We laughed and told her that there was no Edward in the bible. I mean what bible was she reading, one where there was a gospel according to Twilight? My friend in private confirmed that I had guessed right that the baby's name was going to be Elijah.
princessgianna Posted August 21, 2009 Posted August 21, 2009 My Mom never tells other people what the name will be. She had a bad experiance
tinytherese Posted August 21, 2009 Posted August 21, 2009 [quote name='princessgianna' date='21 August 2009 - 12:52 AM' timestamp='1250830356' post='1953664'] My Mom never tells other people what the name will be. She had a bad experiance [/quote] I agree with that. My mom told me that it isn't a good idea. I wouldn't even give the slightest clue and I would have my husband promise that he wouldn't tell either and not give ANY clues.
Archaeology cat Posted August 21, 2009 Posted August 21, 2009 [quote name='princessgianna' date='21 August 2009 - 05:52 AM' timestamp='1250830356' post='1953664'] My Mom never tells other people what the name will be. She had a bad experiance [/quote] My brother had a bad experience with that, too. We told people the names, and answered any negative comments with "well, it's not your child and this is what we've decided". I feel bad for my cousin b/c my sister [i]still [/i]makes negative comments about our cousin's son's name (Leif). He's 2.5 now. I think it's cute, personally.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now