An Old School Catholic Message Board

Katie...

rachael

You've waited so long to get your license, that God didn't want it to feel anti-climatic for you.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1930326' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:12 AM']When I was your age, I used to get swarmed by little old ladies at church who wanted me to go out with their son, grandson, nephew, etc., because all they need is a good woman to bring them back to the church.[/quote]

Yeah, the guy who wants me to marry his son is an author and lawyer... a really brilliant man. I think he would have liked me to motivate his son to actually do something with his life. :unsure: lol.

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1930397' date='Jul 23 2009, 11:40 PM']Yeah, the guy who wants me to marry his son is an author and lawyer... a really brilliant man. I think he would have liked me to motivate his son to actually do something with his life. :unsure: lol.[/quote]

I take it that you have no intention of dating the son.

hoosieranna

When I was 19, I worked with a guy who kept showing me pictures of his son. The son might've been 24 or 25. Not so bad, but not interested.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1930326' date='Jul 24 2009, 07:12 AM']When I was your age, I used to get swarmed by little old ladies at church who wanted me to go out with their son, grandson, nephew, etc., because all they need is a good woman to bring them back to the church.[/quote]

Ooooh, I totally had the same!

At Easter and Christmas (the only time son dearest would come to church) these friends of my dad would say something along the lines of "you're both under 25, you must have [i]so much[/i] to talk about!" and then Inconspicuously Walk Off. AWKWARD.

After two of these, I would nod friendly at everyone and then hide between the seminarians :)

[quote name='missionseeker' post='1930201' date='Jul 23 2009, 11:11 PM']Of course, it's not as bad as when they hit on me for themselves hah.[/quote]
One time, I was at a community pool with a friend of mine, when this 13 year old kid comes over to me.

"Hey, my dad thinks you are pretty. Would you give him your number?"

Points to balding middle-aged guy across pool, who waves.

:blink:

"Um, well, tell him I'm flattered, but I'm ... unavailable." :mellow:

AWKWARD.

We did not stick around long after that.

VeniteAdoremus

Back when I was cute my brother would use me to pick up dates. And it worked. (Blonde pigtails, huge blue eyes.)

[quote name='rachael' post='1929808' date='Jul 23 2009, 07:17 PM']He was harassing me about it during the whole test.[/quote]

A master teacher wouldn't think of passing someone who hasn't successfully driven while annoyed.