An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Would Your Name Be?

heavenseeker

Archaeology cat

My parents were going to name me Gresham, after my dad's uncle. :mellow:

Edited by Archaeology cat

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I think I remember my mom saying something about being named Angelo (the masculine version of my name). That's not too exciting, but it sure makes naming the baby easy. Either sex, and you have pretty much the same name.

I have no idea what the feminine version of 'Dicacus' might be. I'd have to ask my godfather, and I don't know how to ask without it sounding strange or making me look like a bigger idiot than I already am so I don't know what the name would be from that point of view, and probably never will.

However, my godmother's name is Patricia so I guess I would be named just 'Pat'.

After so many boys, my mother had stopped hoping for a girl, and I was already named, Bernard Joseph, Jr. When my dad told my mom I was a girl, she didn't believe him.

heavenseeker

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1930570' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:36 AM']After so many boys, my mother had stopped hoping for a girl, and I was already named, Bernard Joseph, Jr. When my dad told my mom I was a girl, she didn't believe him.[/quote]
wow i bet she was excited to find out he wasnt kidding

[quote name='heavenseeker' post='1930573' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:39 AM']wow i bet she was excited to find out he wasnt kidding[/quote]

Right up to the age when I started refusing to wear pink frilly things and do beauty pageants. She told me she had looked forward to having a girl for 20 years so she could make all these cute dresses, and all I wanted to wear were cowboy boots and army fatigues. I asked her what she expected raising me with all those boys. My brother John put me on the back of his scooter when I was just a year old to drive me downtown to buy me my first pair of boots. My brother Dail sent me fatigues when I was 3-4 years old while he was in the service. I sometimes think my mother thought I was a paper doll, and my brothers all thought I was just a big GI Joe doll.

[quote name='Didacus' post='1930521' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:45 AM']I have no idea what the feminine version of 'Dicacus' might be. I'd have to ask my godfather, and I don't know how to ask without it sounding strange or making me look like a bigger idiot than I already am so I don't know what the name would be from that point of view, and probably never will.

However, my godmother's name is Patricia so I guess I would be named just 'Pat'.[/quote]

Didaca?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1930542' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:49 AM']Travisette[/quote]
Not Travesty?

IcePrincessKRS

My older sister once said she thought I was supposed to be Brian if I was a boy, but I don't know if that's actually true or not. What my dad said when I asked him was not flattering. :mellow: