An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Would Your Name Be?

heavenseeker

homeschoolmom

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1930743' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:32 PM']My older sister once said she thought I was supposed to be Brian if I was a boy, but I don't know if that's actually true or not. What my dad said when I asked him was not flattering. :mellow:[/quote]
I'm sorry, you left your story dangling... :popcorn:

I think my parents were giving heavy consideration to the name Erin before I was born. They ended up giving it to my little sister, anyway...

hoosieranna

Christopher Michael

My mom didn't believe I was a girl either. Dad had to say "Cindy, trust me. It's a girl."

i found a pregnancy record in my baby box my mom wrote. that said she was going to name me anna-marie if i was a girl :prop:. you HAVE to laugh if there was i 50% chance that would have been your name!(not that thats a bad name). although ive never thought about it... bonny and lorie are both cool names.

[quote name='pat22' post='1930800' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:03 PM']i found a pregnancy record in my baby box my mom wrote. that said she was going to name me anna-marie if i was a girl :prop:. you HAVE to laugh if there was i 50% chance that would have been your name!(not that thats a bad name). although ive never thought about it... bonny and lorie are both cool names.[/quote]

I have the little cards they made at my mom's baby shower when she was pregnant with me. It was a game they played where everyone guessed what my weight, sex and name would be. No one picked a girl name except my godmother.

VeniteAdoremus

I'd be Douwe, after my granddad.

My mum also assumed I'd be a boy. She didn't think she was the type for girls :hehehe:

Deus te Amat

The doctors had told my parents I was a girl, so they didn't have anything picked out positive, but there was a good chance that I would have been Dominic.

Which I am COMPLETELY fine with. :mellow:

:)

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

heavenseeker

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1930610' date='Jul 24 2009, 12:15 PM']Right up to the age when I started refusing to wear pink frilly things and do beauty pageants. She told me she had looked forward to having a girl for 20 years so she could make all these cute dresses, and all I wanted to wear were cowboy boots and army fatigues. I asked her what she expected raising me with all those boys. My brother John put me on the back of his scooter when I was just a year old to drive me downtown to buy me my first pair of boots. My brother Dail sent me fatigues when I was 3-4 years old while he was in the service. I sometimes think my mother thought I was a paper doll, and my brothers all thought I was just a big GI Joe doll.[/quote]
thats kind of funny

No idea. It might've been weird though.

I know someone who's mother thought about naming her Gladeus Moon (sp?). Imagine. They were hippies at the time. But her dad prevailed and she got a very pretty name.