An Old School Catholic Message Board

Orphan

iheartjp2

Nihil Obstat

Lol, I imagine you haven't seen the whole Exorcist, have you? :P You don't tend to watch the really...... questionable content?

princessgianna

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1940847' date='Aug 4 2009, 11:49 PM']Lol, I imagine you haven't seen the whole Exorcist, have you? :P You don't tend to watch the really...... questionable content?[/quote]
I screamed and suggested Simpsons. :unsure:

:ninja:

eh! Simpsons. :apu:

Nihil Obstat

The Exorcist is my number one favourite movie. :)
If I were into filmmaking at all, it would be my dream to do a remake.
There's almost nothing not Catholic about it, which I find very cool, and even some good discussion topics... for instance the part when, as a test, they sprinkle the demon/girl with regular water, telling her/it that it's holy water, and she/it reacts like she's/it's being burned.

Nihil Obstat

...but that's one of the most discussion inspiring scenes in movie history!!
Unfortunately it gets overlooked amidst all the really intense exorcism scenes.

Edited by Nihil Obstat

[quote]. A few scenes of gory violence, brief graphic sexual activity, fleeting images of upper female and rear nudity, some rough and crass language, and a couple of uses of profanity. L -- limited adult audience, films whose problematic content many adults would find troubling. ® 2009[/quote]

That description from the USCCB makes me want to stay away from the movie.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='StColette' post='1942670' date='Aug 7 2009, 09:59 AM']That description from the USCCB makes me want to stay away from the movie.[/quote]
Could you link me to that?

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1942873' date='Aug 7 2009, 03:49 PM']Is it bad that I've seen a number of movies that they call "morally offensive"? :unsure:[/quote]

I try to at least see their review of movies first before going to see them. Some of their reviews I disagree with. A few movies that I found completely offensive weren't rated offensive by the USCCB. Anything with nudity in it is usually avoided, especially if it's female nudity and my hubby is wanting to see the film. For his sake we avoid movies like that.