An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where In Europe Should We Go?

Deus te Amat

Deus te Amat

Okay, so, NazFarmer and I are spending 4ish months in Rome, and we have a lot of travel time.

We're really excited. :woot:

Where should we go?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

Get a Eurorail pass. Cheaper if you get them here before going over, and you can go anywhere you want. I had a friend who used the train as a hotel room. Slept on the overnight, and then explored a new city everyday during the daylight.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1931129' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:17 PM']Get a Eurorail pass. Cheaper if you get them here before going over, and you can go anywhere you want. I had a friend who used the train as a hotel room. Slept on the overnight, and then explored a new city everyday during the daylight.[/quote]

Some of my friends did that in previous years. It sounds like a really good idea. ;)

I kind of want to go to the Holy Land during ten day... but I also want to explore the rest of Europe, which will take more than a weekend. :idontknow:

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

That's actually a pretty cool idea! Granted we could only do it on the weekends for class outside of 10 day, but hey it would still work!

eagle_eye222001

If you can, you might want to check out Assisi. Very cool place. When they say it's a small city on a hillside, they are not kidding.

Vatican City......duh.

Colosseum....duh.

Pompei? Cool place to see.

I've been to all these places and I can say they are worth seeing.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/the+wardrobe"]Harry Gregson-Williams - The Wardrobe[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Deus te Amat

I'm going to pilgrimage to Siena on one fo the first weekends.

Naz, wanna come? No electronics.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='NazFarmer' post='1931143' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:26 PM']Only if we take a pilgrimage to Monte Cassino another weekend ;)[/quote]

What's in Monte Cassino?

Sorry for my oblivion.

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

Wow, DtA, wow. If you don't know what's in Monte Cassino then yes, I will be sending you to oblivion :P

Deus te Amat

I'm going to make a wild guess and ask if that's where St. Benedict founded his first Abbey?

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1931150' date='Jul 24 2009, 09:31 PM']I'm going to make a wild guess and ask if that's where St. Benedict founded his first Abbey?[/quote]
YES!!!!!

Deus te Amat

Okay. I have a feeling we're going to have a Dominican-Benedictine rivalry going on whilst we travel. :matrix:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1931154' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:33 PM']Will you be traveling to England or Ireland, or do you plan to stay on the Continent?[/quote]

I'm traveling the British Isles after the semester ends with my best friend. So, yes, but Naz won't be with. :ninja: