An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need A Hug

MissyP89

I did a lot of really, really stupid things over the past several weeks.

I need to go to Confession.

I had a plan to go out of town for it. :mellow:

But now I have to go to my parish, where one priest treats me like I'm six, and the other is so new that he's more nervous than the people confessing.

I don't want to go now. At least if I went out of town no one knows me...right now I'm so ashamed at the thought of telling it all to someone who knows me that I'd rather just sit here and cry and not go to Communion.

That's stupid, I know. But it's really what I feel like. And I'm hating myself for doing the stupid croutons. I am learning my lesson big time right now.

I just kinda want to puke, that's all.

Help? Kick me? I don't know. It's times like these that I really hate being Catholic...not that I would ever leave. It just smells of elderberries.

eagle_eye222001

I don't like going either. :mellow:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lifehouse/track/hanging+by+a+moment"]Lifehouse - Hanging By a Moment[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

I'm not going to kick you even if you ask nicely and say please.

Go anyway, hun. Sure its embarassing, but chances are the priest has probably heard something like it before or at lest has had some training in how to deal with the situation. Well, unless you've been an axe murdering mainiac while offering goat sacrifices to Perun or some other pagan god. You can also pray that the priest be given guidance to say what you most need to hear. I suspect what you most need to hear is the priest say "Ego te absolvo", isn't it? Along with maybe a bit of guidance as to how to avoid whatever you did to get yourself into this mess. Yes, I know it's hard, but do it anyway.

Now, get yourself to confession, young lady, before I pick you up and carry you there :friendly smirk:

you'll be ok :hug:

Saint Therese

I sometimes go to a different priest for confession if it helps alleviate the anxiety involved.
Don't beat yourself up. We've ALL been there. The important thing is not that you made a mistake but that you pick yourself up afterwards and become more determined to do better.
Maybe you need to have a better support system? Positive people who can re-inforce and encourage you.
God bless you.

eagle_eye222001

Tell you what.........we both should go......so let's go.

I'm going. You might as well too.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/survivor/track/eye+of+the+tiger"]Survivor - Eye of the Tiger[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='Staretz' post='1931675' date='Jul 25 2009, 02:15 PM']I'm not going to kick you even if you ask nicely and say please.

Go anyway, hun. Sure its embarassing, but chances are the priest has probably heard something like it before or at lest has had some training in how to deal with the situation. Well, unless you've been an axe murdering mainiac while offering goat sacrifices to Perun or some other pagan god. You can also pray that the priest be given guidance to say what you most need to hear. I suspect what you most need to hear is the priest say "Ego te absolvo", isn't it? Along with maybe a bit of guidance as to how to avoid whatever you did to get yourself into this mess. Yes, I know it's hard, but do it anyway.

Now, get yourself to confession, young lady, before I pick you up and carry you there :friendly smirk:

you'll be ok :hug:[/quote]

I actually "awwww"ed outloud. Thanks so much for that, bro. (The funny thing is my first confession when I came back to the church *did* involve Pagan gods. Haha.) You're right, it is really hard, and sometimes when you already feel down, the thought of going makes you feel worse.

But I'll go, just because you were so nice about it. ;) Though sometimes I really wish I had someone *to* carry me there. :love:

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1931684' date='Jul 25 2009, 02:30 PM']Tell you what.........we both should go......so let's go.

I'm going. You might as well too.[/quote]

Okay. Let's do it.

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1931697' date='Jul 25 2009, 02:41 PM']As Mother Angelica used to say, Go to confession. And have a hot fudge sundae afterwards.[/quote]

We're going out for pizza once they pick me up from Mass. Maybe I'll get a huge piece of tiramisu or something. :drool: It's funny you mention Mother Angelica...that "go to confession" episode of hers was the final domino in bringing me back home.

I only have to throw a tempter tantrum for another hour and a half...then I'll be there and doing it and then it'll be done. And then, hopefully, I'll feel better. I'm going to try praying for whoever it is. Maybe it'll help.

Pham, you're all fantastic. Thanks, y'all. :blowkiss:

+J.M.J.+
this is not lame.

:console:

offer up your nervousness/shame/whatever for a soul has never gone and needs it. :)

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1931744' date='Jul 25 2009, 03:14 PM']+J.M.J.+
this is not lame.

:console:

offer up your nervousness/shame/whatever for a soul has never gone and needs it. :)[/quote]

I have just the right person in mind...

:grouphug:
glad you're going missy. I hate not going to confession, but i actually start having small panic attacks waiting in line for it! :lol:

*hug*