An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need A Hug

MissyP89

[quote name='Christie_M' post='1931752' date='Jul 25 2009, 03:21 PM']:grouphug:
glad you're going missy. I hate not going to confession, but i actually start having small panic attacks waiting in line for it! :lol:

*hug*[/quote]

After two years back in the Church, I'm finally getting over that...I had the same problem! But it still comes up when I have a particularly tough one to make, like today.

*hugs*

I honestly don't think I"m ever going to get over it (especially now) and especially since i only go to confession once every few months :unsure:

have you gone yet or still waiting?

I've been going to confession for decades, and it is still hard every time. Hard things are usually the most worthwhile.

The Bus Station

It's so worth it just to hear the priest say "I absolve you." Best feeling in the world? Yeah, probably. Prayers for you Missy :)

eagle_eye222001

I won't be going until 4ish. Isn't offered until then.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/3+doors+down/track/be+like+that"]3 Doors Down - Be Like That[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Ash Wednesday

*hug and encouragement*

If it's a confession I am really, really dreading, I go behind the screen. When I'm behind the screen, whatever priest happens to be there isn't as much of an issue. I haven't had the opportunity of the same regular confessor in the last 3 years, so I guess I'm finding myself "behind the screen" more often than not anyway.

tinytherese

I remember how confession worked during Advent and Lent when I was in middle school. There would be two unfolded chairs some feet away from each priest and one person confessing to the priest. We basically had to run to an empty chair whenever it was available. I definitely didn't like that. <_<

I had finished my confession when you said "bye", Missy. Lawl. Poor father was really sweating and fanning himself in the confessional, and he had just got there when I arrived. So happy now :yahoo:

eagle_eye222001

Finished. :)

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/knighting+peter"]Harry Gregson-Williams - Knighting Peter[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

And me, too. OMG, I felt like such a lamer, he had to calm me down! :lol: But after I was done the actual confessing part I sat back and said "Okay...it's done with. :)" I still wince a little thinking about how awkward it was, but I know he's forgotten by now.

No tiramisu, though. :( Dad got home late from work...but, luckily for me, Mom just bought ice cream and chocolate syrup. :woot:

What would I do without my pham? :love:

Yay! :clap:

I had a rough confession today too... They've been like that lately. I don't like changing confessors.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1931889' date='Jul 25 2009, 06:55 PM']Yay! :clap:

I had a rough confession today too... They've been like that lately. I don't like changing confessors.[/quote]

That's actually what happened to me. The priest that's been my regular confessor for a few years now has been reassigned to another town, so I'm having a hard time adjusting. (That's why I was trying to go out of town today--it would have been him, or a priest that didn't know me at all.)