An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fox Unlikely To Air Family Guy Abortion Episode

BG45

[quote name='Varg' post='1932355' date='Jul 26 2009, 08:14 AM']It's called satire[/quote]

Well, satire [i]can[/i] be tasteless. <_<
Not saying I don't like it all together, but sometimes it bridges on cheesy and emotionally driven.

Excelsior1027

Maybe I was raised differently, but I simply cannot understand how any good Catholic can watch this show.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1932848' date='Jul 26 2009, 10:38 PM']I like [i]The Office[/i], [i]Parks and Recreation[/i], and [i]30 Rock[/i].[/quote]British or American Office?

[quote name='Varg' post='1932948' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:11 AM']British or American Office?[/quote]

I'm from the United States. The only version of [i]The Office[/i] that I have ever seen was American.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1932952' date='Jul 27 2009, 04:30 AM']I'm from the United States. The only version of [i]The Office[/i] that I have ever seen was American.[/quote]The British original version is much better, IMHO

[quote name='Varg' post='1932955' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:35 AM']The British original version is much better, IMHO[/quote]

I really like Steve Carell.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1932417' date='Jul 26 2009, 12:54 PM']Family Guy is an incredibly offensive, sacrilegious, and blasphemous show.[/quote]

You forgot hilarious ;)

Abortion, though, is over the line.

I think it's a funny show, but not as funny as Simpsons.

It does show some satire which I find annoying and aggravating, but I just see past that.

I think it's gross when the dog is having relationships with humans.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1932417' date='Jul 26 2009, 11:54 AM']Family Guy is an incredibly offensive, sacrilegious, and blasphemous show.[/quote]

:yes:

I find it hard saying a show is funny when it's also all of the above things.

Brother Adam

[quote name='StColette' post='1933121' date='Jul 27 2009, 02:08 PM']:yes:

I find it hard saying a show is funny when it's also all of the above things.[/quote]

I find my litmus test for tv/movies is whether or not I would watch something with nuns in the room. There are a lot of non-Christian films and shows I would watch with nuns, but some just cross the line, like Family Guy, American Dad, and other fox programs.

[quote name='Selah' post='1933159' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:55 PM']American Dad is horrid. I wouldn't let my worst enemy watch it.[/quote]

Do you mean in terms of the quality of the comedy or the vulgarity of it?