An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Am Russian Now

Resurrexi

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1932525' date='Jul 26 2009, 02:53 PM']Brothers Karamazov is probably the best book I've read all summer.[/quote]

You should read "Death and the Dervish" by Mesa Selimovic. It's TBK on steroids and with much more beautiful language.

Although unlike Dostoevsky who was consistently brilliant Selimovic wrote one really fantastic book and the fizzeled out.

The Bus Station

I own [i]The Plays of Anton Chekov[/i] :mellow:

Edited by The Bus Station

Nihil Obstat

Resurrexi is a rather big fan of Russian economic and social policy. Modern and in relatively modern history. :mellow:

Marie-Therese

What's wrong with the last name you had? Real is better. Be who you are, man!

[quote name='The Bus Station' post='1933106' date='Jul 27 2009, 12:54 PM']I own [i]The Plays of Anton Chekov[/i] :mellow:[/quote]

A Doll's House...:yes:

[quote name='Paddington' post='1933152' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:44 PM']I'm not Russian, but if I'm single at 50, I'll probably marry one.[/quote]

:rolling:

hoosieranna

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932535' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:00 PM']You should read "Death and the Dervish" by Mesa Selimovic. It's TBK on steroids and with much more beautiful language.

Although unlike Dostoevsky who was consistently brilliant Selimovic wrote one really fantastic book and the fizzeled out.[/quote]

Solzhenitsyn all the way. :punk:

[quote name='Marie-Therese' post='1933158' date='Jul 27 2009, 01:51 PM']What's wrong with the last name you had? Real is better. Be who you are, man!

A Doll's House...:yes:

:rolling:[/quote]

Pretty sure that's Ibsen. :unsure:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1933219' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:44 PM']Solzhenitsyn all the way. :punk:[/quote]

I LOVED [i]A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich[/i]

Marie-Therese

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1933219' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:44 PM']Pretty sure that's Ibsen. :unsure:[/quote]

You're right. I now officially acknowledge my brain damage, and ask for prayer.

*hides head in pillow after mortal literary embarrassment*

Edited by Marie-Therese

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1933221' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:46 PM']I LOVED [i]A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich[/i][/quote]

I thought it was not of great quality.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1933224' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:47 PM']I thought it was not of great quality.[/quote]

We seem to disagree on a great number of topics. :)

Edited by Deus_te_Amat

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1933227' date='Jul 27 2009, 03:48 PM']We seem to disagree on a great number of topics. :)[/quote]

I disagree.

:mellow: