An Old School Catholic Message Board

3,000 Low Temp Records Set This July!

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?blog=weathermatrix&partner=&pgUrl=/mtweb/content/weathermatrix/archives/2009/07/1000_low_temp_records_set_this_july.asp"]http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.a...t_this_july.asp[/url]

icelandic_iceskater

I've that mild summer = mild winter as well. I wonder if this will be the case... :detective:

Edited by icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1932492' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:13 PM']Global warming is such a myth ...[/quote]

That's such an asinine thing to say.

I'm sorry but its just ignorant. I don't mean that personally but good lord.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932515' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:37 PM']That's such an asinine thing to say.

I'm sorry but its just ignorant. I don't mean that personally but good lord.[/quote]

Haha wow.

Im glad for a cool summer, I'm 5 weeks from my due date and hot enough as it is.

[quote name='Luthien' post='1932518' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:45 PM']Haha wow.

Im glad for a cool summer, I'm 5 weeks from my due date and hot enough as it is.[/quote]

I'd be happy for one too.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932515' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:37 PM']That's such an asinine thing to say.

I'm sorry but its just ignorant. I don't mean that personally but good lord.[/quote]
There are hundreds of reputable scientists who agree its a politically correct myth.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1932514' date='Jul 26 2009, 04:35 PM']Been pretty hot here.[/quote]
Define hot.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1932515' date='Jul 26 2009, 03:37 PM']That's such an asinine thing to say.

:lol:

Contrary to popular belief, there is more than one school of thought on global climate change -- even (and perhaps especially) in the scientific community. I just don't happen to adhere to the most well-publicized and well-subsidized one.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1932524' date='Jul 26 2009, 02:52 PM']Define hot.[/quote]

90-97F. Not as hot as Oklahoma in summer, but nothing is air conditioned here except malls and grocery stores. We also only have one outside swimming pool, for some reason. We sit at Starbucks when it gets too hot in the house.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1932522' date='Jul 26 2009, 01:52 PM']There are hundreds of reputable scientists who agree its a politically correct myth.[/quote]
There are hundreds of reputable scientists who agree that it's not just a politically correct myth.

Welcome to the way science works.

Deus te Amat

[quote name='morostheos' post='1932594' date='Jul 26 2009, 05:10 PM']There's a reason it's better described as Global Climate Change than Global Warming...[/quote]

This name cracks me up because it implies that the we are the cause of a completely natural phenomena. To think so is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I call it climate change, not man made climate change. It could be caused by the imminent switch of the magnetic poles for all I know. It really doesn't matter what is causing it. If it is man-made, we'd have to invent a time machine and go back 50 years to prevent the car culture in order to change it, so Id much rather deal with the reality of the change no matter what the cause. Trying to prevent the changes is going to be like trying to dodge a bullet after it has been fired. We have to learn to adapt, so preparing for that makes more sense to me.