An Old School Catholic Message Board

Back From My Visit To Sheffield Carmel In The Uk

Laudem Gloriae

Click this link (its on the top of the vocation station list)

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/111781-phatmass-religious-vocations/"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/111781-phatmass-religious-vocations/[/url]

AccountDeleted

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1320634779' post='2332428']
As far as I know, Laudem is still discerning with this Carmel, but she needs financial help to enter. She hasn't had any luck selling her house (unless things have changed). Let's nag St. Joseph! ;)
[/quote]

I think you are in error. I write frequently to KE and the last I heard, she was given a deadline to make her entrance last year and missed it. There is a new Prioress and Sub-Prioress at KE since her application two years ago, so she would most likely have to reapply if she still wanted to enter. She was accepted to both Wolverhampton (in 2008) and KE (2009) but eventually they both had to rescind their invitations because of such a long delay in both cases. Her house has been on the market for five years, so she certainly does need a miracle if she is still trying to sell it and prayers never go astray for anyone. Once she does sell it, then perhaps is the time for her to reapply to convents. It is actually very hard on the sisters as well as well as the candidate, when someone has been accepted who is not really free to enter... a bit like those who have debts. The sisters do pray for her, as they do for all who are have expressed interest in their communities but I was at each of those Carmels when she applied at each one, and they kept waiting and waiting to hear from her, and finally they had to be practical and say that she needed to sell the house before she applied again. We can all keep LG in our prayers :pray:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Francis Clare' timestamp='1320675790' post='2332547']
Selling a home these days is so very difficult. I would hope dear St. Joseph would "get on the ball" and make it happen!!
[/quote]

I think we also have to trust God in this matter. If He wants it to happen, it will, but He has His own reasons for any delay.

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320666293' post='2332507']

I think you are in error. I write frequently to KE and the last I heard, she was given a deadline to make her entrance last year and missed it. There is a new Prioress and Sub-Prioress at KE since her application two years ago, so she would most likely have to reapply if she still wanted to enter. She was accepted to both Wolverhampton (in 2008) and KE (2009) but eventually they both had to rescind their invitations because of such a long delay in both cases. Her house has been on the market for five years, so she certainly does need a miracle if she is still trying to sell it and prayers never go astray for anyone. Once she does sell it, then perhaps is the time for her to reapply to convents. It is actually very hard on the sisters as well as well as the candidate, when someone has been accepted who is not really free to enter... a bit like those who have debts. The sisters do pray for her, as they do for all who are have expressed interest in their communities but I was at each of those Carmels when she applied at each one, and they kept waiting and waiting to hear from her, and finally they had to be practical and say that she needed to sell the house before she applied again. We can all keep LG in our prayers :pray:
[/quote]

First, with LG's approval I post this. Posts like this is what causes LG and others I know to NOT post on PM anymore. The blatant public airing of other's business is uncharitable and uncalled for and[b] I think should be DELETED by the mods.[/b] I met LG when we temped at the same job a few years ago - we were the only ones with a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus pinned to our cubicle walls! We became close after discovering our mutual vocation journeys. Though we attend different parishes, we see each other occasionally, call and email each other.

And just because you write these communities doesn't mean they are NOT telling YOU another prospective postulant's business! So why you would think just because you stay in touch you are privy to others person business is beyond me.

Secondly, nunsense, YOU are in error as your post is unkind and inaccurate as just before the deadline (given because the house hadn't sold and the sisters were thinking it possibly was not God's will) LG and the then Mother Prioress, after the Mother consulting with the other sisters, all decided to lift the deadline and God will send her to them when He is ready. Their last emails to each other, which was last week, the new Mother Prioress and all the sisters, eagerly await her arrival - which may be soon as things seem to be moving well in the house selling - [b]and haven't at any point asked for any kind of re-application.[/b] [b] Also, Kirk Edge has NOT rescinded their offer or desire for her to enter with them! [/b]

Without going into her private details, LG (and others) no longer post on PM because of this nosiness into other's business and the more "magazine rag" type of posts like this that invade a person's privacy. Maybe it wasn't meant to be that way, but you'd have to be nuts to NOT see it as that and think maybe I should either not post this or really modify it! If this post is deleted, it would not be the first pulled down by the mods for some PMers going to far and being unkind!

Besides her not posting for the above reason, she has also had several family issues, a family death, very serious financial problems and was impacted worse lately by being laid off and then her father had a hospital stay for a few days for a heart problem and will have a very serious heart procedure done in a week or two.

I AM on the verge of ditching PM as it is way to often the home of mean spirited posts about others when the posters have NO CLUE as to the truth and seem to have no problem posting inaccurate posts on others on situations they know nothing about.

Sorry if I sound angry - well I am - but this is should make every and anyone angry! If this is allowed then so is anyone else's private business being plastered on PM!

Edited by Chiara Francesco

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Chiara Francesco' timestamp='1320693453' post='2332658']

First, with LG's approval I post this. Posts like this is what causes LG and others I know to NOT post on PM anymore. The blatant public airing of other's business is uncharitable and uncalled for and[b] I think should be DELETED by the mods.[/b] I met LG when we temped at the same job a few years ago - we were the only ones with a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus pinned to our cubicle walls! We became close after discovering our mutual vocation journeys. Though we attend different parishes, we see each other occasionally, call and email each other.

And just because you write these communities doesn't mean they are NOT telling YOU another prospective postulant's business! So why you would think just because you stay in touch you are privy to others person business is beyond me.

Secondly, nunsense, YOU are in error as your post is unkind and inaccurate as just before the deadline (given because the house hadn't sold and the sisters were thinking it possibly was not God's will) LG and the then Mother Prioress, after the Mother consulting with the other sisters, all decided to lift the deadline and God will send her to them when He is ready. Their last emails to each other, which was last week, the new Mother Prioress and all the sisters, eagerly await her arrival - which may be soon as things seem to be moving well in the house selling - [b]and haven't at any point asked for any kind of re-application.[/b] [b]Also, Kirk Edge has NOT rescinded their offer or desire for her to enter with them! [/b]

Without going into her private details, LG (and others) no longer post on PM because of this nosiness into other's business and the more "magazine rag" type of posts like this that invade a person's privacy. Maybe it wasn't meant to be that way, but you'd have to be nuts to NOT see it as that and think maybe I should either not post this or really modify it! If this post is deleted, it would not be the first pulled down by the mods for some PMers going to far and being unkind!

Besides her not posting for the above reason, she has also had several family issues, a family death, very serious financial problems and was impacted worse lately by being laid off and then her father had a hospital stay for a few days for a heart problem and will have a very serious heart procedure done in a week or two.

I AM on the verge of ditching PM as it is way to often the home of mean spirited posts about others when the posters have NO CLUE as to the truth and seem to have no problem posting inaccurate posts on others on situations they know nothing about.

Sorry if I sound angry - well I am - but this is should make every and anyone angry! If this is allowed then so is anyone else's private business being plastered on PM!
[/quote]

Dear Chiara Francesco - I do not believe that my post was lacking in any charity at all and asked for prayers for LG, but would be happy for mods to delete the entire thread if they want since some of LG's post in the begininng is about me at KE when I was there years ago and that is still a hurtful topic.

I also know LG personally not only from her visit to KE but from the years prior to that before I entered WV. We had many personal interactions including financial ones as I loaned her monty to go to WV, which she never did. We exchanged many emails and phone calls as well. I was very hurt when I left KE and she immediately stopped communicating with me although I sent her many emails and left phone messages. I was very happy that she was still hoping to enter there and couldnt' understand why she cut me out of her life.

I could only assume it was over a debt she owed me which I assured her should not interfere with our friendship - only to get no reply. LG does still post on here under different user names (we all have friends who have friends who know who is who on here) and I sent PM after PM to various user names and asked her to please contact me which she did not respond to nor did she contact me - with no reason why. I as very hurt after all I had done to be a reference for her to both WV and KE.

My information about the intentions of KE was from the former Prioress herself. If he new Prioress, Mother Mary of the Holy Ghost has a different arrangement with her, then that is wonderful, and I am certainly glad to hear that she has been given a second chance - that is not what I was told by the previous Prioress at the time she wrote to me (a year ago). and WV was very upset that LG started applying to KE before she had ever tol WV that she no longer wanted to enter there. This is first hand experience and knowledge on my part - not hearsay. I was the reference and living in WV at the time so I know these things for facts. I would never have stated them here except that my honesty is being called to account. I am happy to email anyone with details should they need more info. I still have emails from the past as well from these convents and from LG.

I am available for LG to contact me via PM, email or even phone if she wants to write for my number. There are many things I would like to clear up with her as I was really hurt by her at a time I needed help the most. And yet, I continue to pray for her and wish her well. I did not state anything that was not my own personal experience. I am sorry for any hurt I caused LG but I would also like to know why she has done things this way???? I would love to take this offline to email or phone!!

AccountDeleted

Chiara - I have left a comment on your profile. And if you check LG's Profile feed over the past couple of years you will see the many messages I left asking her to contact me. I do not like to leave things with hostility.

I hope you do not blame phatmass for this as the people here are wonderful, kind and loving people. We are all human - not saints and we do hurt each other. But from the gospel for Monday...

'So watch yourselves. If your brother or sister sins against you, rebuke them; and if they repent, forgive them.' Lk 17:3

Once again, I apologise if I hurt LG. And I certainly would love to know why she felt it necessary to cease all contact with me after we had shared so much together over the years. That was also hurtful. Let's forgive each other and move on...

brandelynmarie

My apologies for resurrecting this thread & causing such heart-ache. :sad2:

I only wanted to share the postulant stories at the beginning as they did give a glimpse into the life at KE, which I think is very unique & as Aya Sophia will be joining them soon.

:sorry:

Edited by brandelynmarie

AccountDeleted

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1320710502' post='2332875']

I only wanted to share the postulant stories at the beginning as they did give a glimpse into the life at KE, which I think is very unique & as Aya Sophia will be joining them soon.

[/quote]

Oh brandelyn - please don't blame yourself. Sometimes I don't realise how much pain is still left in me. I always talk about trust in God, but I actually have very little and that is why I need to learn it over and over again. When I saw that this thread had been resurrected, I was distressed not only because of the KE sutff, but because of the pain over the loss of a friend for unknown reasons. I am hypersensitive and should not have responded at all. I am the one who is sorry that I have caused this thread to become something about me rather than about KE and Aya's upcoming entrance.

I have the utmost joy for her and since having received an email from the new KE Prioress recently, I actually feel things getting better in my heart over KE, although of course, where there is loss, there will always be a bit of pain -- it is simple grief, and we all know what that feels like. I guess I have just had too much of it in the last few years to have been able to process it completely yet.

I think I have also been too sensitive in another thread recently and probably hurt other feelings over there too. I might do one of my regular sabbaticals from phatmass for awhile until I am not taking things quite so personally but it is not because of anyone here at all. Just me.

Please don't blame yourself for this brande... but maybe we should start another thread for Aya... or there was one I think that we could start posting in again?

You are truly kind for caring -- that's what I love about PMers!!

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320707279' post='2332840']

Dear Chiara Francesco - I do not believe that my post was lacking in any charity at all and asked for prayers for LG, but would be happy for mods to delete the entire thread if they want since some of LG's post in the begininng is about me at KE when I was there years ago and that is still a hurtful topic.

I also know LG personally not only from her visit to KE but from the years prior to that before I entered WV. We had many personal interactions including financial ones as I loaned her monty to go to WV, which she never did. We exchanged many emails and phone calls as well. I was very hurt when I left KE and she immediately stopped communicating with me although I sent her many emails and left phone messages. I was very happy that she was still hoping to enter there and couldnt' understand why she cut me out of her life.

I could only assume it was over a debt she owed me which I assured her should not interfere with our friendship - only to get no reply. LG does still post on here under different user names (we all have friends who have friends who know who is who on here) and I sent PM after PM to various user names and asked her to please contact me which she did not respond to nor did she contact me - with no reason why. I as very hurt after all I had done to be a reference for her to both WV and KE.

My information about the intentions of KE was from the former Prioress herself. If he new Prioress, Mother Mary of the Holy Ghost has a different arrangement with her, then that is wonderful, and I am certainly glad to hear that she has been given a second chance - that is not what I was told by the previous Prioress at the time she wrote to me (a year ago). and WV was very upset that LG started applying to KE before she had ever tol WV that she no longer wanted to enter there. This is first hand experience and knowledge on my part - not hearsay. I was the reference and living in WV at the time so I know these things for facts. I would never have stated them here except that my honesty is being called to account. I am happy to email anyone with details should they need more info. I still have emails from the past as well from these convents and from LG.

I am available for LG to contact me via PM, email or even phone if she wants to write for my number. There are many things I would like to clear up with her as I was really hurt by her at a time I needed help the most. And yet, I continue to pray for her and wish her well. I did not state anything that was not my own personal experience. I am sorry for any hurt I caused LG but I would also like to know why she has done things this way???? I would love to take this offline to email or phone!!
[/quote]

Once again if this is supposed to be some sort of apology it is sadly short of one. You still post more private information and you have no idea if it is true or not. How about just saying "sorry" and ending it there instead of defending yourself by writing more things that shouldn't be out in the public?!

Also I believe you didn't mind some posts about you on PM while you were in KE. Since you couldn't post - rightly so being in Carmel - so don't start saying this now.

The arrangement WAS made with Mother Mary of the Resurrection and LG more than a year ago and it was between them and that was settled wonderfully between them and the KE community. This is old news. This former Prioress and the other sisters happily changed their mind with no problems and this decision was wholeheartedly agreed with the new prioress as well recently who LG has been speaking too.

It is just strange for someone who has posted it really upsets her when someone uses only her name in a post can not see how posting such things that aren't true is MUCH worse. After all, your name is TRUE while this post is question was not. Just because you may know something of another by experience, doesn't give you the right to post it in a public forum! I am sure YOU and others would feel the same way if it was done to you!

And no LG [b]doesn't [/b]post here under other names. You also didn't lend money for WV, it was someplace else. And still, right here with this! Who would go blabbing about private matters like this on a public forum? This is my peeve which I find highly tactless and not right. You can bet if you said or did something LG would NOT announce it to the world on a online forum!

I do know she is working on clearing up any and all debt and has had a host of difficulties - much more than she even tells me - so she is not about to email it around. She is not happy over some things and all is being cleared up - very cryptic but not for me to talk about. In the past things - serious things - happened and for several reasons, she was withdrawn from most. As a friend I didn't pry or push knowing she'd talk about it or be "with us" when she was ready.

Now this whole thread other than her first few posts about her visit should be deleted.

Edited by Chiara Francesco

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1320710982' post='2332883']

Oh brandelyn - please don't blame yourself. Sometimes I don't realise how much pain is still left in me. I always talk about trust in God, but I actually have very little and that is why I need to learn it over and over again. When I saw that this thread had been resurrected, I was distressed not only because of the KE sutff, but because of the pain over the loss of a friend for unknown reasons. I am hypersensitive and should not have responded at all. I am the one who is sorry that I have caused this thread to become something about me rather than about KE and Aya's upcoming entrance.

I have the utmost joy for her and since having received an email from the new KE Prioress recently, I actually feel things getting better in my heart over KE, although of course, where there is loss, there will always be a bit of pain -- it is simple grief, and we all know what that feels like. I guess I have just had too much of it in the last few years to have been able to process it completely yet.

I think I have also been too sensitive in another thread recently and probably hurt other feelings over there too. I might do one of my regular sabbaticals from phatmass for awhile until I am not taking things quite so personally but it is not because of anyone here at all. Just me.

Please don't blame yourself for this brande... but maybe we should start another thread for Aya... or there was one I think that we could start posting in again?

You are truly kind for caring -- that's what I love about PMers!!
[/quote]

This is a nicer explanation than the other one you gave which was worse than the first! I am sure you probably didn't think of this when you first posted but we all should read twice what we write before hitting the "Post" button.

We all have pain over situations and people but it doesn't give us the write to practically defame or publish things about others.

Chiara Francesco

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1320710502' post='2332875']

[/quote]

Brandee -

There is NO problem bumping this thread and LG feels so too. The problem comes when there are such posts that are in question pop up. It ruins a perfectly good thread.

Just as Brandee - the young girl who entered Cristo Rey - got some crazy person/people writing very terrible things on her threads here on PM and on her personal blog, some posts should be banned, deleted as it is NOT post worthy and this forum should have such guidelines.

No problem, bump away as it is also good promotion for the community the thread is about, just leave out the mean and uncalled for posts.

IcePrincessKRS

The moderating team will not be deleting anything. Being mistaken about something does not equal defamation or malicious intent. I am, however, closing this thread because of the lack of charity in recent posts. I only see this devolving further. You all ought to take a step back from this conversation and pray for one another.