Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman Killed Her Infant


Recommended Posts

Lounge Daddy
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1933425' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:42 PM']Sounds like postpartum psychosis. How utterly horrific.[/quote]

Indeed.

The Bus Station
Posted

Lord have mercy.

Posted (edited)

Just sick. That poor child.

Asking a special someone in heaven to watch over the infant :)

[quote]That or possessed by the demonic.[/quote]

I don't believe that. This woman had a history of mental illness and nothing seems to have been done about it. I hope to God she gets the help she needs.

Edited by Selah
takebacktonight
Posted

A somewhat similar murder (beheading, cannabalism) happened in Canada on a greyhound bus this time last year. It's a strange coincidence....

eagle_eye222001
Posted
:pray:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lifehouse/track/storm"]Lifehouse - Storm[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]
Posted

[quote name='takebacktonight' post='1934131' date='Jul 28 2009, 03:51 PM']A somewhat similar murder (beheading, cannabalism) happened in Canada on a greyhound bus this time last year. It's a strange coincidence....[/quote]

It's not unusual for hot weather to affect the therapeutic levels of psychiatric meds. That is if you are taking them properly in the first place, if you have been properly diagnosed, properly medicated, and can afford the medication.

InHisLove726
Posted

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1933425' date='Jul 27 2009, 09:42 PM']Sounds like postpartum psychosis. How utterly horrific.[/quote]

That is exactly what it is. I read this attached to Yahoo News.

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_decapitated"]for the full very graphic story read here--enter at your own risk[/url]

How utterly disturbing. She should not have had contact with the baby. :pray:

takebacktonight
Posted (edited)

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1934147' date='Jul 28 2009, 05:21 PM']It's not unusual for hot weather to affect the therapeutic levels of psychiatric meds. That is if you are taking them properly in the first place, if you have been properly diagnosed, properly medicated, and can afford the medication.[/quote]

Yes I agree completely....they say that's why suicides are so high in spring, too.. even changes sunlight can help cause someone to rapid cycle or have their serotonin spike... this is why we need better doctors and shorter wait times...

Forgot to add: In terms of both these cases though...it sounds like they weren't on medication...or certainly just on the wrong stuff...

Edited by takebacktonight
Posted

Since Hollywood's interpretation of what a space alien looks like in early sci-fi movies, all people who have had alien encounters claim the alien they saw looks like what appeared in the silver screen many moons ago.

Cases of murdering mothers seems to be frequent in the past decade or so. ([url="http://www.mysanantonio.com/slideshows/Moms_who_kill_their_children_072709.html"]Here is a slide show of cases in Texas[/url].) Read the captions. The reasons usually come two varieties: "The devil made me do it." and "I did it for God." I don't like either reason and wonder if it is being used as a way to plead insanity. If I was evil and performed these acts for kicks, I might be thinking either is a good get out of jail card.

Are these events happening more often or are they just being reported more often?

Posted

[quote name='kamiller42' post='1934240' date='Jul 28 2009, 05:30 PM']Are these events happening more often or are they just being reported more often?[/quote]

I wonder also. I wonder if the rates of postpartum are going up? If so, why? Is it the changes in our society, or I have had this weird idea that they are tied to the pill somehow. Don't know why. I remember reading the book that the "It's Alive" series was based on, and it was in women who had been on the pill for years, decided they wanted a child later, had trouble conceiving, and then went on fertility pills. Guess that stuck in my head.

tinytherese
Posted
:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

:weep:

How incredibly sad God is for this little one. The horrific things that He sees!
Posted

This is horrifying, but not shocking. We do this to our young every day, it's called partial-birth abortions.

Lord have mercy.

InHisLove726
Posted

I hate to keep adding to this, but I am really, really praying for this family. I found this newspost on Yahoo just a minute ago:

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090728/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_decapitated"]for the full very graphic story read here--enter at your own risk[/url]

Lord, have mercy on them for they know not what they do! :sadder:

Posted (edited)

Oh my goodness...:sign:

Edited by MissyP89
Vincent Vega
Posted

Kyrie Eleison. :sadder:
[quote name='kamiller42' post='1934240' date='Jul 28 2009, 05:30 PM']The reasons usually come two varieties: "The devil made me do it." and "I did it for God." I don't like either reason and wonder if it is being used as a way to plead insanity. If I was evil and performed these acts for kicks, I might be thinking either is a good get out of jail card.[/quote]
I believe that's one of the hallmarks of psychosis, actually.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...