An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Just Found Out

Deus te Amat

hoosieranna

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1935105' date='Jul 29 2009, 07:24 PM']I would actually say biologists. And they're much more militant about it, too.[/quote]

How do physicists rate?

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1935128' date='Jul 29 2009, 06:08 PM']I don't want to be a mathematician, though. :mellow:[/quote]
[img]http://travis.webseitler.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/mathnet.jpg[/img]

But they're so cool.

Nihil Obstat

I was pretty let down when I found out that both Adam Savage and Jamie Hineman are both hard atheists. :ohno: :weep:

princessgianna

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1935200' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:31 PM'][img]http://travis.webseitler.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/mathnet.jpg[/img]

But they're so cool.[/quote]
I like her hair-that's cute!

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1935193' date='Jul 30 2009, 05:17 AM']How do physicists rate?[/quote]

Well, in my lab, there were two militant atheists, two militant agnostics (who don't want to be atheist because they think it's a religion), and one "blah" atheist. And me.

But one of my professors also runs the pre-Cana program in my uni's diocese.

As a rule, they're rather atheist, but often surprisingly open-minded. It isn't discussed much though. I think biologists are more outspoken because their theories are less unambiguous. They might feel the need to "plug the holes" here and there (as Dawkins tries to).

I like to shock fellow physicists by telling them that the Big Bang theory was first proposed by a Catholic priest, and at that time violently opposed by atheists because it implied a "moment of creation". :)

Deus te Amat

By the way, I liked it so much that I recently changed my Facebook status to "DtA: Mathemagician"

And people have liked it. :)

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1935900' date='Jul 30 2009, 06:07 PM']By the way, I liked it so much that I recently changed my Facebook status to "DtA: Mathemagician"

And people have liked it. :)[/quote]
:love: