An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's The Most Spiritual Thing That You've Ever Done?

Lounge Daddy

Lounge Daddy

I was watching[url="http://www.beliefnet.com/Video/Inspiration/Belief-on-the-Street/Whats-The-Most-Spiritual-Thing-Youve-Ever-Done.aspx"] this video at Beliefnet where the question was asked[/url]. The replies presented are interesting and heart-warming. It's and interesting question, and I'll have to think about it myself. But what do you think? What's the most spiritual thing you have ever done?

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1935820' date='Jul 30 2009, 03:51 PM']What's the most spiritual thing you have ever done?[/quote]

The most spiritual thing I've ever done would be receiving Holy Communion.

The other most spiritual things I've done would be receiving the Sacrament of Baptism and the Sacrament of Penance.

Edited by Resurrexi

TeresaBenedicta

It's hard for me to say that anything I [i]do[/i] is spiritual, in that it seems that spiritual things are to come directly from God. So perhaps it would be better to ask "What is the most spiritual thing you've ever experienced?"

I mean, I lift my heart and soul up to God in prayer, and I think that may be one of the most spiritual things I can [i]do[/i].

But... receiving Our Lord in Most Holy Communion, or encountering the love and mercy of God in the Sacrament of Penance, or receiving the Most Holy Life of the Trinity into my soul... these are very spiritual. But they are done solely by God Himself.

Easter Vigil, for me, may have been one of the most "spiritual" nights of my life, in the sense that I was baptized, confirmed, and received my First Holy Communion altogether. Talk about an encounter with God!!!!!!

But, I encounter my Lord and my God with each Holy Communion I make. And in the Sacrament of Penance. And when I lift my heart in prayer. And in each minute of each day.

Two things: taking care of someone emotionally while his mother went through cancer.

And the first time I ever knelt on both knees in front of the Blessed Sacrament, on the chapel floor.

Let's see...Easter Vigil ranks up there, though sadly I let my worries about doing something wrong kill off a part of it.

Probably the top is the first time I went to Eucharistic Adoration. I had Missy find Adoration for me (and she found the only perpetual adoration chapel in the state less than 30 minutes from my dorm), I was scared. The Church was making sense, and I needed to do something drastically desperate to disprove it, and the best way to do that was to confront the Eucharist and the Real Presence and show it was a lie. At first, I succeeded. Then as I was preparing to leave, I [i]looked at Him[/i]. And well, kind of fell apart. I think Missy and I both knew where my road would end religion wise after that night.

The Bus Station

I don't know how to rank "most spiritual," that sounds phunny.

I've never felt more connected to Christ than I did just a few weeks ago, when I walked from Confession to Eucharistic adoration and prostrated myself before Him. It was completely freeing, liberating almost. I felt completely detatched from this world, enveloped by His grace.

IcePrincessKRS

When I read the thread title the first thing that went through my mind was "Giving birth." I'm sure I've probably had experiences (I mean, I know I have, like after confession) where I have had a "spiritual high", but things [b]I[/b] have [b]done[/b], I can't really think of anything more profound than creating new life. Clearly receiving the sacraments is spiritual, but "thinking outside the box" as it were... yeah, I can't top birth.

I've done-the process to earn the Marian Medal

I've received-Anointing of the Sick and Confession received in danger of death.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1935973' date='Jul 31 2009, 03:51 AM']When I read the thread title the first thing that went through my mind was "Giving birth." I'm sure I've probably had experiences (I mean, I know I have, like after confession) where I have had a "spiritual high", but things [b]I[/b] have [b]done[/b], I can't really think of anything more profound than creating new life. Clearly receiving the sacraments is spiritual, but "thinking outside the box" as it were... yeah, I can't top birth.[/quote]
that was my first thought as well, in addition to teaching my son to pray.

VeniteAdoremus

Walking into Notre Dame de Chartres as my chapter's (effectively my country's) banner carrier.

Writing a request for admission into the convent. I wrote it in chapel :)

Lounge Daddy

I 'll have to say that the two most spiritual things that I have ever done were #1) witnessing the birth of our first child. That was a profoundly spiritual moment in my life -- seeing the miracle of life.

And then #2) visiting my grandfather on his deathbed. His final moments. That was also a very spiritual moment. And there I realised that I had witnessed the begining of life, and I was witnessing life moving out of this world. That was a powerful realisation to me, in the way that it struck me. The preciousness, and the temporariness of life in this world.

That time I prostrated myself on a jagged rock for a year without eating, saying "Glory!" over and over until I received a vision of the Blessed Virgin. :saint:

No. No, I didn't.
:sadwalk:

[quote name='Paddington' post='1936588' date='Jul 31 2009, 11:52 AM']That time I prostrated myself on a jagged rock for a year without eating, saying "Glory!" over and over until I received a vision of the Blessed Virgin. :saint:

No. No, I didn't.
:sadwalk:[/quote]
It's not too late!

Let us know how it goes. ;)

:twothumbsup:

eagle_eye222001

Really can't think of anything offhand.....kinda makes me feel left out and unspiritual. :mellow:
----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/coldplay/track/clocks"]Coldplay - Clocks[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]