An Old School Catholic Message Board

Westboro Baptist Church

Kitty

I would laugh if this was actually a joke...but it's not :wacko:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0jkFI48Kik&feature=PlayList&p=AAC8E65E73199E64&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=75"]Michael Jackson's "Beat It" (Read It) Westboro Baptist Church Music Video[/url]

InHisLove726

Anytime I hear about them, I think, "Oh Lord! What have they done now?" :unsure: Hatred for our brothers and sisters is never the right answer. They obviously have never understood what Christ said: "Hate the sin but not the sinner." :ohno:

OK, guys, be honest - how many of you at some point wanted to get in the cage with the guy wearing the "Priests *****" t-shirt?

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1938462' date='Aug 1 2009, 10:45 PM']I've never understood how people could be filled with such hate.[/quote]

It's like an internet debate - after a certain point, you lose sight of what you were debating about and it is all about tearing your opponent to pieces.

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1938475' date='Aug 1 2009, 11:02 PM']A real fun bunch.[/quote]

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1938664' date='Aug 2 2009, 06:48 AM']It looked like they were trying to tell you to read Mein Kempf.

How pathetic.[/quote]
I've read [i]Mein Kampf[/i]. Talk about your uplifting literature.

god hates jews?

should kick em in the teeth. probabl the stupidest thing i have ever heard.

I can honestly say that Shirley and Fred Phelps are two of the few people I would love to see die.

This is part of a really good documentary called "Fall From Grace". Check out this segment, which focuses mostly on the children of the Phelps family and shows how much they have been brainwashed and taught to hate. It's sad and scary.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-jqeTdD9Rg"]Fall From Grace (4 of 8)[/url]

Edited by Kitty

They came to my state once, during a mine disaster. They cost the state so much money too, we had to deploy several counties worth of police officers and pretty much every state trooper to keep them alive as they spewed their hate.

Sadly, this sort of thing is par for the course for the Phelps clan.

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1938845' date='Aug 2 2009, 08:26 AM']So... are they all related?[/quote]

While most secular media interested in playing up the "Christian extremist" angle aren't interested in saying so, nor is their website particularly fond of saying so...yep. Most of WBC is one big extended family of a man who ironically, was a civil rights lawyer at one point.

homeschoolmom

Yeah, it's creepy enough when it's a really old dude and his daughter. It's really sad when it's these young people who could be doing something much more productive with their lives.