An Old School Catholic Message Board

Westboro Baptist Church

Kitty

homeschoolmom

I won't be surprised to see their follow up video "God Hates the World" to parody "We Are the World."

desertwoman

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1938858' date='Aug 2 2009, 09:32 AM']I won't be surprised to see their follow up video "God Hates the World" to parody "We Are the World."[/quote]

They already did that suga. They already did.

[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2422138213120376038"]God hates the World, remake of We are the World[/url]

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1938859' date='Aug 2 2009, 04:55 PM']They already did that suga. They already did.

[url="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2422138213120376038"]God hates the World, remake of We are the World[/url][/quote]

...wow.

I especially like the the synchronised swaying at the end.

desertwoman

[quote name='Kitty' post='1938799' date='Aug 2 2009, 03:53 AM']I can honestly say that Shirley and Fred Phelps are two of the few people I would love to see die.

This is part of a really good documentary called "Fall From Grace". Check out this segment, which focuses mostly on the children of the Phelps family and shows how much they have been brainwashed and taught to hate. It's sad and scary.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-jqeTdD9Rg"]Fall From Grace (4 of 8)[/url][/quote]

Hey. I've seen this video before. Still disturbing that he thinks that he is Noah and so forth. I went to their website and it said that they were going to protest in Gary. If they go there to protest in Gary cause of Michael, they have no idea what they are getting into.

VeniteAdoremus

You know... I must say... I do kinda admire their energy and steadfastness.

I do [i]not[/i] admire their brainwashing and hate-preaching.

I was talking about this with my mum the other day. One of the problems we have is, and this was a completely random example, that the Church teaches people with SSA are NOT wrong, but acting upon it IS.

So on the one side we're fighting the people who think SSA = hell, and on the other the "I want to so God wants it too".

I think it might be easier to hold to such an extreme than to live with the sometimes frustrating nuances of "The great et-et". (Although to me, that's exactly what I love about Catholicism.)

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1938871' date='Aug 2 2009, 10:42 AM']They are protesting at Catholic churches all over my diocese today.

:unsure:[/quote]

Why???