An Old School Catholic Message Board

Scholars' Bowl

Resurrexi

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vincent Vega

We have a once a year thing here in town sponsored by Jacksonville University called SME (Science, Math, Engineering) Day, but it's a bit more intense than your regular quiz bowl. There is a quiz bowl portion, involving questions based on maths, computer science, chemistry, physics, and biology - this is my specialty, due to my propensity for scattered bits of knowledge. There are many other components, too, such as chemistry and physics competitions, where teams must complete a lab, following proper procedure. The team with the best technique and results closest to the accepted values win. There's also an engineering portion, where, with prescribed materials and parameters, teams compete to build the "most optimum" of a design.
It's a decent sized event, it's an all day thing on the JU campus, and high schools from all over the area come. It's only once a year, though.

Scattered bits of knowledge describes me very well. No one ever wants to play trivial pursuit with me, but I still don't know my own phone number.