An Old School Catholic Message Board

Os On A Netbook

Lounge Daddy

Netbook operating systems!  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lounge Daddy

I've been thinking about taking a look at Mint. I wonder how it would run on the netbook.

Just got a netbook yesterday. It has XP on it. My editor thinks I will work faster if I have a computer small enough to take with me routinely.

Lounge Daddy

I wonder if Kubuntu Linux will be using KDE's new [url="http://arstechnica.com/open-source/reviews/2009/07/kdes-new-plasma-netbook-interface-shines-in-small-places.ars"]Plasma Desktop for netbooks[/url]? It looks pretty slick.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1942952' date='Aug 7 2009, 05:29 PM']Just got a netbook yesterday. It has XP on it. My editor thinks I will work faster if I have a computer small enough to take with me routinely.[/quote]

And you have quite a bit to work on, eh? :)

And I just love how I don't feel like I am cramming an entire desk in my backpack, and carrying it around. Netbooks are sooo much simpler, lighter, and easier.

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1942962' date='Aug 7 2009, 04:38 PM']And you have quite a bit to work on, eh? :)

And I just love how I don't feel like I am cramming an entire desk in my backpack, and carrying it around. Netbooks are sooo much simpler, lighter, and easier.[/quote]

Yes, I'll admit that he's right, I will get more done, but I get cranky when given deadlines.