An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Internet Browser Do You Use?

The Bus Station

Choose ALL that apply  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

eagle_eye222001

Firefox.

Cool addons you can download.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/hans+zimmer+%26+james+newton+howard/track/why+so+serious%3f+(album+version)"]Hans Zimmer & James Newton Howard - Why So Serious? (Album Version)[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Lounge Daddy

Konqueror is a pretty nice browser (and more) too. I tried Seamonkey, but it seemed unimpressive. And I tried Opera, but I failed to see what some people find appealing about it.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1942170' date='Aug 6 2009, 02:16 PM']Chrome. It's very simplistic which makes it the fastest.[/quote]

Does Chrome have a bookmarks tab? And can it open pages in tabs instead of opening a new window? I might switch if that's the case...

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1942312' date='Aug 6 2009, 06:12 PM']Does Chrome have a bookmarks tab? And can it open pages in tabs instead of opening a new window? I might switch if that's the case...[/quote]
As far as I can tell, yes to the bookmarks. And a definite yes to the tabs.

Lounge Daddy

Something that strikes me as kinda lame about Google Chrome: it doesn't use Google Bookmarks. "Hello! McFly!"

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1942369' date='Aug 6 2009, 10:30 PM']Something that strikes me as kinda lame about Google Chrome: it doesn't use Google Bookmarks. "Hello! McFly!"[/quote]

Maybe this helps: [url="http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=100215"]http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/a...p;answer=100215[/url]

S.

Lounge Daddy

egh. Maybe. Or maybe Google should include Google Bookmarks on the Google web browser by default. It's just plain silly to have to use a "bookmarklet" in Chrome.

*shakes fist in the air* It's silliness I tell you! Do you hear me, Google?

Lounge Daddy

By the way, I decided to give Opera another spin. I'm using it on my HP Mini which is running Ubuntu "netbook remix" as the os. It actually seems to be loading webpages much faster than Firefox.

Hmmm... I'll have to try this out for a while.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1942401' date='Aug 6 2009, 10:00 PM']By the way, I decided to give Opera another spin. I'm using it on my HP Mini which is running Ubuntu "netbook remix" as the os. It actually seems to be loading webpages much faster than Firefox.

Hmmm... I'll have to try this out for a while.[/quote]

Oh man. This is craap. You have to install an extra program to get any spell check. And it doesn't load flash videos (nothing on youtube loads), and no other players work (no shoutcast radio) ...again, unless you install extra code, change settings etc.

Excuse me for asking that my web browser work out of the box.

I guess this is why Opera seems so fast: it doesn't load anything that I want to actually see or hear.

The Bus Station

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1942418' date='Aug 6 2009, 09:29 PM']Oh man. This is craap. You have to install an extra program to get any spell check. And it doesn't load flash videos (nothing on youtube loads), and no other players work (no shoutcast radio) ...again, unless you install extra code, change settings etc.

Excuse me for asking that my web browser work out of the box.

I guess this is why Opera seems so fast: it doesn't load anything that I want to actually see or hear.[/quote]

lol

Between all this and all the praise for Google Chrome I think you've eliminated Opera from my list of possibilites -- thanks. :lol: