An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who Wants To Go To Mogadishu?

txdinghysailor

txdinghysailor

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1943191' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:35 AM']We're cool, dude... ;)

And I graciously decline your offer. :D[/quote]

Rodg. ;)

Ok then, you want the grenades?

txdinghysailor

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1943195' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:37 AM']Why on earth are you going to Somalia?[/quote]

Why not?

InHisLove726

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943192' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:36 PM']Rodg. ;)

Ok then, you want the grenades?[/quote]

Did you get dropped on your head as a baby? :unsure:

txdinghysailor

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1943200' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:40 AM']Did you get dropped on your head as a baby? :unsure:[/quote]

No, I jumped. ;)

InHisLove726

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943208' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:43 PM']No, I jumped. ;)[/quote]

Ok, that explains it....

txdinghysailor

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1943210' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:44 AM']Ok, that explains it....[/quote]

And i've fallen out of many trees, off rocks, and mountain bikes in my day... it all helps!

Nihil Obstat

Dinghyboy, my friend, just because you technically *can* do all those things in Somalia, doesn't mean that you *should* do all those things in Somalia.
Somehow I think the Somalian militias could take you in a fight.

Vincent Vega

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943199' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:40 PM']Why not?[/quote]
Good question, I guess.
What does your routing look like coming home? Perhaps you could get a Mogadishu - Baghdad - Tehran - Pyongyang - Caracas - Havana - US, with a day or two at each stop. Live it up! (and say hi to Glorious Leader Kim while in lovely NK for me)

Vincent Vega

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1943279' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:52 PM']I thought Havana to the US was illegal. :unsure:[/quote]
It is. Or, at least, was. I was being persnickety.

Anyone else catch the following gem of irony?

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943141' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:58 PM']I just wanna go somewhere where I can blow stuff up and shoot automatic weapons and not worry about politics and stuff![/quote]

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1943141' date='Aug 7 2009, 10:58 PM']besides, I need to be a witness of Christ's Love to these people, right?[/quote]

[quote name='InHisLove726' post='1943200' date='Aug 7 2009, 11:40 PM']Did you get dropped on your head as a baby? :unsure:[/quote]

Or maybe the service academies need to enforce a "no sparring without headgear" policy, unless this is a pre-existing condition :D :D

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1943288' date='Aug 8 2009, 12:06 AM']Anyone else catch the following gem of irony?[/quote]
I did catch that... :P

txdinghysailor

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1943266' date='Aug 8 2009, 01:38 AM']Dinghyboy, my friend, just because you technically *can* do all those things in Somalia, doesn't mean that you *should* do all those things in Somalia.
Somehow I think the Somalian militias could take you in a fight.[/quote]

But I would be providing some stability to a nation that desperately needs it! I'd be doing them a favor! And as far as their militias taking me down, well, I'm from Texas, and we know how to fight down there. ')

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' post='1943278' date='Aug 8 2009, 01:50 AM']Good question, I guess.
What does your routing look like coming home? Perhaps you could get a Mogadishu - Baghdad - Tehran - Pyongyang - Caracas - Havana - US, with a day or two at each stop. Live it up! (and say hi to Glorious Leader Kim while in lovely NK for me)[/quote]

I don't have a route to come back home... Now see, I thought about going to all those countries, because the State Department said not too, but they're all too stable for me. I want to be able to move around freely without annoying government people checking my passport, blablabalblablablaa, you know what i mean? Somalia is currently the 2nd most instable country in the world, according to Jane's, so it fits that bill. And they have pirates...... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

[quote name='Norseman82' post='1943291' date='Aug 8 2009, 02:10 AM']Or maybe the service academies need to enforce a "no sparring without headgear" policy, unless this is a pre-existing condition :D :D[/quote]

It was pre-existing. ;)

Edited by txdinghysailor