An Old School Catholic Message Board

Oh Nooos! What Happened To Hassan?!

Hassan

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944588' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:52 PM']philosophy is lame and unnecessary.[/quote]

Thank you Herr Wittgenstein! ^_^

Chump <_<

Deus te Amat

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944588' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:52 PM']philosophy is lame and unnecessary.[/quote]

I'm a math major. I used to think so too. And then I realized that EVERYTHING is philosophy. Even science. Science is merely applied philosophy.

You wouldn't be able to sail without a theoretical understanding of the relationship between the wind, waves, and the boat, would you? That's philosophy.

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944588' date='Aug 9 2009, 05:52 PM']philosophy is lame and unnecessary.[/quote]
so's your face

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1944595' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:54 PM']I'm a math major. I used to think so too. And then I realized that EVERYTHING is philosophy. Even science. Science is merely applied philosophy.

You wouldn't be able to sail without a theoretical understanding of the relationship between the wind, waves, and the boat, would you? That's philosophy.[/quote]

In analytic philosopher it is never clear where philosophy ends and mathematics begins :unsure:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='Hassan' post='1944601' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:56 PM']In analytic philosophy it is never clear where philosophy ends and mathematics begins :unsure:[/quote]

Yes... that's why I realized it. Because in applied math it's so easy to think that philosophy and math have nothing in common, but then I remembered Plato's educational sequence and something Aristotle said made everything fall into place.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1944607' date='Aug 9 2009, 07:58 PM']you and your silly false dichotomies!!!![/quote]

:o

I have fallen victim to Western philosophy's obsession with compartmentalization and categorization :sadder:

I was warned by Hilary Putnam, Ziauddin Sardar and John Dewy.

Yet I paid them no heed :ohno:

Deus te Amat

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1944613' date='Aug 9 2009, 08:02 PM']young minds are so cute!!! keep going.. you might learn yourself somethin!!!![/quote]

Aww... MIKolbe's jealous. So cute. ^_^

actually, i have to KNOW what you are talking about to be jealous!!

I am just the stupid one in the corner throwing mindless insults.

sheesh, you chicks normally have a good memory.

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1944620' date='Aug 9 2009, 08:04 PM']I am just the stupid one in the corner throwing mindless insults.[/quote]

I thought that was my job :unsure:

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' post='1944626' date='Aug 9 2009, 06:06 PM']I never said you were stupid. ANYWHERE.

I'm fairly good at refraining from insulting people's character.[/quote]
as a side note..

dishonesty is so unbecoming

and why do the brits have Hassan? why would ANYone WANT Hassan?

[quote name='txdinghysailor' post='1944588' date='Aug 9 2009, 06:52 PM']philosophy is lame and unnecessary.[/quote]

That's why seminarians have to study so much of it.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Resurrexi