An Old School Catholic Message Board

Am I Crazy?

puellapaschalis

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1946043' date='Aug 11 2009, 08:05 AM']I only went to law school for one year, but I'm pretty sure that won't happen :)[/quote]

:yes:

puellapaschalis

Thanks guys.

Today I got an email from the parish priest('s secretary): going to go and speak with him tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to this much :(

On the plus side, I haven't heard from N since Monday.

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1947923' date='Aug 13 2009, 03:07 AM']Thanks guys.

Today I got an email from the parish priest('s secretary): going to go and speak with him tomorrow morning. Not looking forward to this much :(

On the plus side, I haven't heard from N since Monday.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
prayers for you.

btw, :shock: awesome avatar!!

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1947923' date='Aug 13 2009, 05:07 AM']Thanks guys.

I would bet someone else is looking even less forward to it than you are.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/howard+shore/track/at+the+sing+of+the+prancing+pony"]Howard Shore - At The Sing Of The Prancing Pony[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1947923' date='Aug 13 2009, 06:07 AM']Thanks guys.

I'll say some prayers that it goes well. Hopefully your priest knows well enough to take these things with a grain of salt and not read too much into what N said. :console:

puellapaschalis

Thanks for your prayers, guys. It went well. I told him about what happened - that is, the whole story from my viewpoint. He said if N contacts me again I should ask to be left alone and send him to the parish priest if he needs more input.

I've had a weird relationship with my parish priest over the years, but today he kicks butt.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1948647' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:11 PM']Thanks for your prayers, guys. It went well. I told him about what happened - that is, the whole story from my viewpoint. He said if N contacts me again I should ask to be left alone and send him to the parish priest if he needs more input.[/quote]

Yay!

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1948647' date='Aug 14 2009, 02:11 PM']I've had a weird relationship with my parish priest over the years, but today he kicks butt.[/quote]

Considering the stories I've heard about the times when Fr. decides to go it butt-kicking mode, I wouldn't want to be N for a while :)

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1948647' date='Aug 14 2009, 07:11 AM']Thanks for your prayers, guys. It went well. I told him about what happened - that is, the whole story from my viewpoint. He said if N contacts me again I should ask to be left alone and send him to the parish priest if he needs more input.

I've had a weird relationship with my parish priest over the years, but today he kicks butt.[/quote]

Yay!

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1948647' date='Aug 14 2009, 05:11 AM']Thanks for your prayers, guys. It went well. I told him about what happened - that is, the whole story from my viewpoint. He said if N contacts me again I should ask to be left alone and send him to the parish priest if he needs more input.

I've had a weird relationship with my parish priest over the years, but today he kicks butt.[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
:club: so he laid the smack down? :cool: awesome!

puellapaschalis

*grin*

I'm not sure his reaction could have been described as smackdown - after all, he's only heard my side of the story. But he was - in his own unique way - very supportive.

On top of that he managed to draw out a concise and potted history of why my life's been turned upside down recently. And he actually listened and stuff. And at least gave me the impression that he understood and had some sympathy with me. Which...doesn't happen that often with him, but I'm grateful when it does :)

eagle_eye222001

Glad to hear things are turning up.

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/harry+gregson-williams/track/the+white+witch"]Harry Gregson-Williams - The White Witch[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1948938' date='Aug 14 2009, 05:40 PM']Glad to hear things are turning up.[/quote]

ditto