mamalove Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 Just wondering who all has really big families and some of the fun things you do when everyone gets together. I currently have 55 nieces and nephews, 28 first cousins, 3 grandparents, 2 in-laws, 11 brother-in-laws, 9 sister-in-laws, 2 parents and 1 sister. Here is a picture of about 3/4 of the above mentioned family at my wedding. It's amazing that all these people came from one loving mother and one father (my in-laws)
Colleen Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 Me! I do, I do! Let's see: 4 grandparents (all still living) My dad has 7 bros. and sisters + 6 of them are married so that's 13 aunts and uncles on that side. My mom had 12 bros and sisters (one deceased) + 7 are married, so that's 19 aunts and uncles on that side. Add 27 first cousins. Add mom and dad. Add 5 brothers and 1 sister and me. And you get: 68 people. And that's not counting my many, many great-aunts and uncles, second, third, and fourth cousins....
mamalove Posted April 2, 2004 Author Posted April 2, 2004 yeah, we have to rent the parish hall when we get together. I haven't even met all my nieces and nephews yet! I have one who's older than me and lives in another country.
MagiDragon Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 i'm 1 of 6. the families of my dad's siblings have 6, 11, 6, 4.5, 3, and 3 children respectively. (The 11 cheated a little, 2 sets of twins!) As for my mom's side: 5, 5, ~(don't ask), and 3. so all told I have *does quick calculation in head* a whole buncha cousins, and the number continues to grow. coincidentally, my dad's side is Catholic, mom's is not, but neither has any divorcee's.
Mary's Knight, La Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 my mom and dad are both one of 7 big families run way back in my dad's family and i dont know about my mom's
SacredTruth Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 WE have a big family. My mom is the oldest of 6 and so far there are 11 of us grandkids. We range from 23 y/o to 6 y/o. The boys outnumber the girls 7 to 4 but thats okay we all know who's smarter! LOL We always have big family get togethers and have cook outs and bonfires and roast hot dogs and marshmallows. Then we go for a hike in our woods! Its always lots of fun. Lots of food + lots of family = full day of fun!
friarMatt Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 WOW..i am 2nd of 7 children and i thought we where large :-)
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 (edited) I know a family that has 15 boys and a few girls (not sure on exact number, at least 2 or 3). It's funny to see all the boys together. They could have their own football team. Edited April 2, 2004 by Laudate_Dominum
mamalove Posted April 2, 2004 Author Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Apr 2 2004, 08:36 AM'] I know a family that has 15 boys and a few girls (not sure on exact number, at least 2 or 3). It's funny to see all the boys together. They could have their own football team. [/quote] Is their family vehicle a bus?
Norseman82 Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 [quote name='mamalove' date='Apr 2 2004, 11:12 AM'] Is their family vehicle a bus? [/quote] Why is the theme from "The Partridge Family" going through my head all of a sudden?
theculturewarrior Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 (edited) I'm jealous! I come from a family of three children. (I'm the youngest). I would someday love to have as many children as God would bless me with. I have met people who come from large families...they have no regrets. They never say, "Oh, I wish I didn't have so many siblings," (at least not when they're grown). But I know plenty of people who rue their mom's tubal, their own tubal, their families dwindling size. I am one of them. You all are blessed! PS that church is beautiful! Edited April 2, 2004 by theculturewarrior
Lil Red Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 (edited) I have 1 grandmother. I have two parents. I am one of ten. -I have five sisters, four brothers (three living). -I have three bros in law and one sis in law. I have 15 nieces and nephews. I have 5 uncles, 7 aunts. -I have 35 first cousins, zillions of second cousins. I have a hubby. That's 80. wait, that's wrong. -I have two more sis in laws, and two bros in laws. -4 more nieces. That's 88. Edited April 2, 2004 by Lil Red Devil
MrsFrozen Posted April 2, 2004 Posted April 2, 2004 I can't even count through all mine right now! But I have four younger brothers, and my husband has two sisters and a brother. We're the only ones married right now. God bless.
ilovechrist Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 geez... i have 5 siblings... 2 parents, 4 grandparents, 15 aunts and uncles, and... *drumroll* up close to 70 first cousins now... mainly from my mom's side, who had 5 sisters (my gpa was really lonely ).. quite a fam!
ilovechrist Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 there are somethings that u need to be GLAD u miss as only child hopeful1!!!! the fam can be great at times.. but as my sis just explained.. sometimes the knives come out into play
Laudate_Dominum Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 [quote name='Norseman82' date='Apr 2 2004, 12:34 PM'] Why is the theme from "The Partridge Family" going through my head all of a sudden? [/quote] I can't stand that show. But I know quite a few large Catholic families (8 or more children) who are "musical families", meaning all of the kids are good musicians, some even have a family band. I think that is really cool. If I ever have kids I would like to teach them music from an early age.
Rebirth flame Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 wow... i'm not neccessarily in a big family, but i do hail from a family with 5 boys, a mom, and a dad. It can be kinda weird at times for me, cuz my 2 oldest brothers are both 30 and married and have kids, and my other 2 brothers are adopted (not to sound raceist or whatever, cuz this is the way it is, but they're both African Americans, and my family is all caucasian). my general childhood grew up being very very competitive for me, because my youngest brother (one of the adopted two) also had a skin disease which was something like he only has 2 or 3 layers of skin as oppossed to the normal 5 or something. So i was always competing with him for the "youngest child" position. it turns out that this brother of mine had also been doing drugs and stuff, and he was plotting to kill myself and himself. Needless to say, he, unfortunately, does not live with us anymore, for obvious behavioral reasons. i thought that my life was gonna get better from that point, but it didn't, cuz i still hadn't found Christ. instead, some of my brother's deppression rubbed off on me, and i was just absolutely miserable for the next few years of my life. then, in 7th grade, i had a really cool, profound experience with the Eucharist during my confirmation mass, right after i had been confirmed. So i've started to build my faith off of that experience, and the Eucharist has become the most important thing for me in my life. lol, my post name is Rebirth flame because of the reawakening i felt of my Fire through my confirmation. [font="Geneva"]i realize that you asked for big family life, and that i got kinda off the beaten path, but my fingers just started flyin' on the computer, and i couldn't stop them...[/font]
cmotherofpirl Posted April 3, 2004 Posted April 3, 2004 That is an awesome post, whether its on topic or not.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now