[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1946293' date='Aug 11 2009, 03:32 PM']I'll start:

1. Antonin Scalia[/quote]

I thought judges wern't politicians :unsure:

politician

* Main Entry: pol·i·ti·cian
* Pronunciation: \ˌpä-lə-ˈti-shən\
* Function: noun
* Date: 1589

1 : a person experienced in the art or science of government; especially : one actively engaged in conducting the business of a government.

Judges are actively engaged in conducting the business of government.

Edited by Resurrexi

Nihil Obstat

Jason Kenney, the Canadian Minister of Immigration. I can't tell for sure about his pro life record, or even if he was in politics then, but he was against homosexual 'marriage' when it came up. I heard him speak at a Theology On Tap, and he seemed like a good guy.
Also he's the one that made the final call not to let George Galloway into the country. :))

eagle_eye222001

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1946337' date='Aug 11 2009, 04:21 PM']Gonna be a short list.[/quote]

What I was going to say.:sadwalk:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/vertical+horizon/track/we+are"]Vertical Horizon - We Are[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1946299' date='Aug 11 2009, 01:36 PM']politician

* Main Entry: pol·i·ti·cian
* Pronunciation: \ˌpä-lə-ˈti-shən\
* Function: noun
* Date: 1589

1 : a person experienced in the art or science of government; especially : one actively engaged in conducting the business of a government.

Judges are actively engaged in conducting the business of government.[/quote]
Well, he fails by your definition, then. He shouldn't be conducting the business of the government, he should be conducting the business of God, if he's a faithful Catholic.

Ash Wednesday

I don't know how many of them push for bans on all abortions across the boards, as far as the ones that are social conservatives (oppose gay marriage, generally oppose abortion and favor restrictions when possible) and prominent well-known politicians in the two major parties (as opposed to smaller grassroots movements):

Jeb Bush.

Senator Rick Santorum (Republican) PA, not in office currently but he was a pretty traditionalist Catholic. Not surprisingly he's also very much hated by the left.

Interestingly enough, Sarah Palin was baptised a Catholic. You betcha.

That's all I've got. :idontknow:

Edited by Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

Bobby Jindal, Republican Governor of Louisiana. Possible presidential candidate in the future as well.

[quote name='fidei defensor' post='1946375' date='Aug 11 2009, 03:45 PM']Well, he fails by your definition, then. He shouldn't be conducting the business of the government, he should be conducting the business of God, if he's a faithful Catholic.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that many faithful Catholics in the past have conducted business both for God and for the government.

St. Edward the Confessor, St. Louis IX, and St. Ferdinand III come to mind.

Edited by Resurrexi

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1946502' date='Aug 11 2009, 06:03 PM']I'm pretty sure that many faithful Catholics in the past have both conducted business for God and for the government.

St. Edward the Confessor, St. Louis IX, and St. Ferdinand III come to mind.[/quote]
I agree with you, for the record. But many don't, particularly the ones who see all government as generally evil and not to be trusted.

they don't have to be catholic :mellow: they just have to do whats in the people's interests. not they're own. rexi seems to think being catholic is everything

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1946399' date='Aug 11 2009, 04:02 PM']Senator Rick Santorum (Republican) PA, not in office currently but he was a pretty traditionalist Catholic. Not surprisingly he's also very much hated by the left.[/quote]

I just found out that he often hears the EF Mass and that he is a Knight of Malta. Pretty awesome. :)