An Old School Catholic Message Board

Far-right Religious Group Behind "death Panels" Myth Also Be

Fidei Defensor

KnightofChrist

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1947253' date='Aug 12 2009, 04:50 PM']I'm sure they were unbiased in planning it. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Isn't that funny? Clearly by the title of the article we are to have mistrust of this particular group because they are a "Far-Right Religious Group", plainly trying to discredit the group. No, this is not their only form of attack, but using the same idea how are we to trust their version of the "facts" when this group itself is a Far-Left Secular Group?

If being "far-right" discredits, (and clearly the title and article make that argument) so too does being far-left.

I question their version of the "facts" based on their hypocrisy.

Edited by KnightofChrist

but you dont question the far right like you question the far left for "hypocrisy"?
hehehehe

"you dont get to make your own facts" and the fact is, in that bill which is publicly available, there is nothing to suggest what this particular group is harping about.
that isnt the far left's rebuttal, thats the rebuttal of anyone who cares to, and knows how to, read.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1947337' date='Aug 12 2009, 06:17 PM']but you dont question the far right like you question the far left for "hypocrisy"?
hehehehe

"you dont get to make your own facts" and the fact is, in that bill which is publicly available, there is nothing to suggest what this particular group is harping about.
that isnt the far left's rebuttal, thats the rebuttal of anyone who cares to, and knows how to, read.[/quote]

I would and have questioned the "far-right" when they wish to enact laws which exchange liberty for security.

I have read major parts of the HR 3200 bill and plan to complete it all. If my eyes don't fall out. But there are other bills in Congress as well, and we must also weight the comments of the President and elected officials who support these bills to help form what will actually be in the final bill should it ever exist.

I find, and this thread's discussion shows quite a bit, that one ought not to give too much trust to the Far Right, nor the Far Left. As long as a human has an interest enough in something, then the odds are great they will mis-represent in order to make it work.