An Old School Catholic Message Board

Okay Girls I Need Your Advice

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

Ok, girls (MiKolbe this does NOT mean you) I need your advice. My hair is really long right now and I've been wanting to cut for some time. My question is, should I get bangs? How do you know what length of bangs to get? My face is oval shaped.I havn't had bangs since I was a little kid...
What do you think? :detective:

Bangs can soften yout look. I just got some bangs myself. I guess I have sort of an oval face. I like bangs that are light enough I can mix them to the side if I want, and long enough to curl down onto my forehead.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Light and Truth' post='1948584' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:44 AM']Bangs can soften yout look. I just got some bangs myself. I guess I have sort of an oval face. I like bangs that are light enough I can mix them to the side if I want, and long enough to curl down onto my forehead.[/quote]

I have more or less the same, a bit of "in between"-bangs. I like them far better than the full bangs I had in secondary school. I can easily pin them back if I don't want them, but I've been doing that less and less, actually.

homeschoolmom

My daughter suddenly was inspired to get her hair cut last week and she got bangs. I wasn't sure how she would like them at first, but it's really cute and she loves it. They hit right above the eyebrow.

TotusTuusMaria

it all depends on your forehead....

i have an oval shaped face as well. you would think that would make me perfect for bangs. i have really wanted bangs for a while, but because my forehead is small (or so I've been told :lol:) it was not a good idea.

If you have a normal size forehead or one that appears a big longer then get them. I am jealous of you. I want them so much.

And if you are wanting those slanty/whispy side bangs then it doesn't matter ... they look good on all types.

bangs- yes. very cute

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1948646' date='Aug 14 2009, 07:10 AM']considering you have a rather huge forehead... get the bangs.

hope i helped.[/quote]
i thought she told you to say out? :annoyed:

Saint Therese

[quote name='MIkolbe' post='1948646' date='Aug 14 2009, 07:10 AM']I have a really huge forehead and bangs didn't help me. Sorry.[/quote]

Sorry, bro. That's tough.

[quote name='TotusTuusMaria' post='1948671' date='Aug 14 2009, 08:21 AM']it all depends on your forehead....

i have an oval shaped face as well. you would think that would make me perfect for bangs. i have really wanted bangs for a while, but because my forehead is small (or so I've been told :lol:) it was not a good idea.

If you have a normal size forehead or one that appears a big longer then get them. I am jealous of you. I want them so much.

And if you are wanting those slanty/whispy side bangs then it doesn't matter ... they look good on all types.[/quote]

I do have a long forehead, so maybe it would look okay. I'm just fed up with having really long hair but never doing anything with it. :annoyed:

franciscanheart

if by bangs you mean longer (below the eybrows, feathered or tapered bangs, MAYBE. if by bangs you mean anything relatively horizontal and/or above or at the eyebrow, NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Hope that helps.

Saint Therese

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1948749' date='Aug 14 2009, 12:03 PM']if by bangs you mean longer (below the eybrows, feathered or tapered bangs, MAYBE. if by bangs you mean anything relatively horizontal and/or above or at the eyebrow, NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

I was thinking more of the former. Why are the horizontal ones so terrible? :unsure:

puellapaschalis

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1948763' date='Aug 14 2009, 06:30 PM']+J.M.J.+
i can't have bangs because my hair is too curly.[/quote]

+1

InHisLove726

I have an oval shaped face as well, but my forehead curves from the top to the middle. I've found that I look better with bangs than without them. If you have a small forehead, like TTM said, you probably should keep your bangs long. :)