An Old School Catholic Message Board

Assumption Mass

Resurrexi

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Feast of the Assumption isn't a holy day in the United States this year.

I will go if I can get up before the Mass starts at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Edited by Resurrexi

InHisLove726

It doesn't matter to me one way or another whether or not it's a Holy Day. I love Our Lady so much that I will do whatever for her, including going to a Mass in her honor even though I'm not obligated. She's done so much for me lately, I've just got to say, "Thank you."

Plus, tomorrow, I'm celebrating 26 years of being a baptized Catholic. ;)

InHisLove726

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' post='1949357' date='Aug 15 2009, 12:53 AM']There is no special Mass for the Assumption tomorrow. I am going to a wedding.[/quote]

Save me a piece of cake! ;)

VeniteAdoremus

I have no idea whether it's a Holy Day of Obligation here... the FSSP priests said it was, though, so I'm going :)

InHisLove726

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949467' date='Aug 15 2009, 04:28 AM']I didn't know that you went to the EF Mass, Venite. :)[/quote]

Not that I'm trying to be a s.u.c.k. up, or anything, but I go to the EF Mass too. This Sunday, an old historical Church is offering the Latin Mass (they do every 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month). I'm really looking forward to it. If only more places offered it. I'm very happy about the Motu Proprio, but not many priests in my area know how to say the Latin Mass. :( Hopefully, we'll get new priests that do.

edit: keeps changing s.u.c.k. to "smell of elderberries" :annoyed:

Edited by InHisLove726

That's awesome that you go the EF Mass! :) It is such a beautiful liturgy!

Unfortunately, we only have the EF on Sundays here, so I will probably be going to the OF Mass tomorrow morning.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949467' date='Aug 15 2009, 03:28 AM']I didn't know that you went to the EF Mass, Venite. :)[/quote]

Now that I think about it, I guess it would be rare for someone who doesn't go to the EF to go on the Chartres pilgrimage.

:detective:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1949486' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:58 AM']Now that I think about it, I guess it would be rare for someone who doesn't go to the EF to go on the Chartres pilgrimage.

:detective:[/quote]

Not unheard of, especially among the French, but not very common, indeed.

I think my liturgical preferences have come before, in passing :)