An Old School Catholic Message Board

Assumption Mass

Resurrexi

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1949574' date='Aug 15 2009, 09:21 AM']There were about a dozen people this morning since it wasn't a Holy Day. *sigh*[/quote]
+J.M.J.+
yeah, we had about 20. :(

TeresaBenedicta

We had six. Which was an increase from two last Saturday. But it's okay, considering there's only... what.... 50 people on campus right now?

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='TeresaBenedicta' post='1949719' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:53 PM']We had six. Which was an increase from two last Saturday. But it's okay, considering there's only... what.... 50 people on campus right now?[/quote]

Dude, 10%! That's really good! :)

The Feast of the Assumption wasn't acknowledged whatsoever at the Mass I was at today. I know it's not an obligation day but still a little surprised with that.

[quote name='Brother Adam' post='1949911' date='Aug 15 2009, 05:00 PM']I'm still pretty sure that the Feast of the Assumption takes precedence over any other Mass of the day.[/quote]

:yes:

It is a solemnity after all.

FiereMargriet

I feel very blessed now that my parish had such a nice Mass for it. The only Saturday non-vigil Mass is 8 AM, but I went to that and it was lovely. We sang "Immaculate Mary" at the beginning and "Salve Regina" at the end. (Although both a cappella, and at one point I messed up the rhythm pretty badly...) I also made my de Montfort consecration later that day.

The Bus Station

[quote name='Tony' post='1949896' date='Aug 15 2009, 05:54 PM']The Feast of the Assumption wasn't acknowledged whatsoever at the Mass I was at today. I know it's not an obligation day but still a little surprised with that.[/quote]

Same here. I was disappointed.

InHisLove726

Since my sleep schedule is totally off, I was too tired to go to Mass yesterday in the morning. :( I went to an EF Mass today and the priest touched heavily on the subject of Mary's Assumption and the Sacraments. It was beautiful. I couldn't help but stare at the statue of Our Lady and just thank her for all the prayers she's said for me all my life. At one point, I even had tears in my eyes because I felt her extraordinary love for all her children. :)

I also renewed my baptismal vows before Mass began. Yesterday marked 26 years in the Church. :D

Thomist-in-Training

Congratulations, InHisLove!

I went to an Ordination!

:bigclap: :priest_halo: :bishop: :cloud9:

It was the first one I've ever been to in my life. I did go to the diaconal ordination of the monk last year, but I don't count that the same as a priestly ordination. Anyways, it was great!

eagle_eye222001

Went to a solemn high Mass in the E.F. with a deacon, sub-deacon, and about eight servers. Awesome Mass! :cool: Attendance was horribly low though. :(

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/lifehouse/track/bridges"]Lifehouse - Bridges[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

InHisLove726

[quote name='Thomist-in-Training' post='1950954' date='Aug 16 2009, 11:44 PM']Congratulations, InHisLove!

I went to an Ordination!

:bigclap: :priest_halo: :bishop: :cloud9:

It was the first one I've ever been to in my life. I did go to the diaconal ordination of the monk last year, but I don't count that the same as a priestly ordination. Anyways, it was great![/quote]

:D

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' post='1950985' date='Aug 17 2009, 12:15 AM']Went to a solemn high Mass in the E.F. with a deacon, sub-deacon, and about eight servers. Awesome Mass! :cool:[/quote]

You have no idea how jealous I am of you. :)