An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do I Be Single Again?

sdenko

Well, I just went through my first "break-up" which was more like a "redefining of the relationship from romantic to platonic" (see: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=97358"]this topic[/url]) much to the relief of both of us and for the better for both of us. We were both very happy with the decision and very happy that it ended so peacefully and postively.

Now my question is, I'm single again after a year of being "taken".

I just realized.

I've forgotten how to be single.

How do I do that? :mellow:

Guest Smitty

I feel you here. I recently got out of a two year relationship about three months ago. It certainly is an odd sensation to be back on "the market," but just remember to ease into the next one if you sense it coming around. Hang out with big groups of friends, do a few casual dates with whomever you want, and just have fun! Who knows, maybe this is a good time to consider a vocation to another calling.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='sdenko' post='1949549' date='Aug 15 2009, 09:01 AM']Protestant or Catholic? :lol_roll:[/quote]
Catholic. You'll have to convert first. :)

Ash Wednesday

Enjoy it! Take advantage of this opportunity while you have the freedom of exploration and being able to make decisions that you wouldn't have been able to otherwise make. It's a great time for reflection and discernment. And do things that you always wanted to do yourself but weren't able to because it didn't interest your girlfriend. And personally, I'm not one to advocate dating again right away after a major breakup.

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1949552' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:05 AM']Catholic. You'll have to convert first. :)[/quote]

Only if you're in priesthood formation :) Anyone can apply for admission to Catholic seminaries... but you'll have to pay the tab.

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1949562' date='Aug 15 2009, 05:40 PM']Only if you're in priesthood formation :) Anyone can apply for admission to Catholic seminaries... but you'll have to pay the tab.[/quote]

Not here...

Although some sisters and a tiny amount of laypeople take individual classes.