An Old School Catholic Message Board

How Do I Be Single Again?

sdenko

You now have time to deepen your prayer life and do volunteer work (where you can possibily meet a woman when you feel ready for another relationship.)

txdinghysailor

[quote name='sdenko' post='1949371' date='Aug 15 2009, 02:01 AM']Well, I just went through my first "break-up" which was more like a "redefining of the relationship from romantic to platonic" (see: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=97358"]this topic[/url]) much to the relief of both of us and for the better for both of us. We were both very happy with the decision and very happy that it ended so peacefully and postively.

Now my question is, I'm single again after a year of being "taken".

I just realized.

I've forgotten how to be single.

How do I do that? :mellow:[/quote]
go party.

[quote name='sdenko' post='1949371' date='Aug 15 2009, 01:01 AM']Well, I just went through my first "break-up" which was more like a "redefining of the relationship from romantic to platonic" (see: [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=97358"]this topic[/url]) much to the relief of both of us and for the better for both of us. We were both very happy with the decision and very happy that it ended so peacefully and postively.

Now my question is, I'm single again after a year of being "taken".

I just realized.

I've forgotten how to be single.

How do I do that? :mellow:[/quote]

Since you were never married, you are not single 'again'; you always have been single!

[quote name='Winchester' post='1950046' date='Aug 15 2009, 06:49 PM']Sent me fifty dollar. I will tell you secret how to be single.[/quote]

A secret to being single? Do you have a lot of experience? :topsy:

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1949556' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:19 AM']And personally, I'm not one to advocate dating again right away after a major breakup.[/quote]
I would agree with this.

When you're coming out of a serious relationship, you often need a little time to remember who you are, and to discern the right direction for you to go from where you are. It can be smart to take a little time to get reacquainted with yourself before jumping into any other romantic entanglements.

let_go_let_God

I agree, take time to discern where you are going and where God is leading you to go.

I had a bit more leeway when my ex-fiancee and I broke up. We had been having a long distance relationship and I had actually started discerning majorly again before we split. It was very hard to end our almost 5 year relationship but the extra time and prayer made our breaking a bit easier. Now we also have happier platonic relationship as friends.

As to adjusting again to being "single" it will take time and a chanve to get re oriented with yourself. WHen in a relationship, the other person does become a focus of your life. Take time to make sure that you are looking around at your life as you and God see it.

God bless-
LGLG