An Old School Catholic Message Board

Amazing Video Of Our Universe

Oliver

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1950266' date='Aug 15 2009, 10:36 PM']My camera takes better pictures than that one.[/quote]

You know that makes me wonder... what would a photograph taken by an ordinary camera in space look like? I mean, given that the depth of field would be so different.

I suspect that a picture of space would probably just come out black? And a picture of the earth would likewise be solid color, indistinguishable?

[quote name='The Bus Station' post='1949657' date='Aug 15 2009, 11:44 AM']Just awesome. What's even more fascinating is that people can watch this and say there is no intelligent design. Um... I'm sowwy, what? :ohno:[/quote]

Actually, I don't know if Tony Darnell, (the narrator of this video) believes in God. A few things he's said on similar videos led me to think probably not.

Edited by zunshynn

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1950663' date='Aug 17 2009, 12:11 AM']You know that makes me wonder... what would a photograph taken by an ordinary camera in space look like? I mean, given that the depth of field would be so different.

I suspect that a picture of space would probably just come out black? And a picture of the earth would likewise be solid color, indistinguishable?[/quote]

There are two main differences between the Hubble and an ordinary camera:

1. The lens is about a thousand times as big, so more light can enter into it
2. Instead of literally a "split second", they keep the lens open for days (...so that more light can enter into it).

So a picture with an ordinary camera would give you black, black, black. But a picture of the earth would look much the same as the ones we're familiar with: there's enough light coming from there to see it.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1950663' date='Aug 16 2009, 04:11 PM']Actually, I don't know if Tony Darnell, (the narrator of this video) believes in God. A few things he's said on similar videos led me to think probably not.[/quote]

:ohno: