An Old School Catholic Message Board

Lutherans Voting On Gay Pastors This Week

thessalonian

thessalonian

[quote name='Kitty' post='1950873' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:25 PM']Okay, comparing ordaining homosexual ministers to "baby killing" is a little ridiculous. I don't understand what the big deal is, especially considering that it's a LUTHERAN church...it's not like it's your Catholic church.[/quote]

Um, homosex is said to be an abomination in scripture. It's our county and all of this will affect the country. They as Christians are also a part of the body of Christ or at least at some point were and the scriptures say that when one body hurts so does the rest. It's also interesting that the ELCA pays for abortions for it's employees. So they have crossed that abomination line as well.

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1950887' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:43 PM']Um, homosex is said to be an abomination in scripture.[/quote]

Does it say being homosexual is an abomination?

<_<

thessalonian

[quote name='Kitty' post='1950894' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:49 PM']Does it say being homosexual is an abomination?

<_<[/quote]

Having those kind of temptations is not. Acting on them is. Yes. The lutheran proposal allows for acting on them for it says that active homosexuals can be pastors.

Edited by thessalonian

thessalonian

[quote name='Kitty' post='1950894' date='Aug 16 2009, 10:49 PM']Does it say being homosexual is an abomination?

<_<[/quote]

Lev.20

3. [13] If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them. d of temptations is not. Acting on them is.

It's pretty clear.

thessalonian

There is really little point in discussing this with you if your are going to post such nonsense. You know better than this. The whole flap is about having openly gay pastors who pracitice their homosexuality. THe current rules alow them to be gay if they are celibate.

eagle_eye222001

[i]18 And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
[/i]

Matthew 16:18

I think the gates are breaking. Many Lutherans will now have to ask themselves if God's truth is relative and can change with the whim of a vote.

The Christian churches were with the Catholic Church against contraception. They have fallen. They stood with us against homosexuality. Now they are showing signs of retreating. Nice to see the Catholic Church rock solid in it's values and showing no signs of falling. :sword:

----------------
Now playing: [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/journey/track/dont+stop+believin"]Journey - Don't Stop Believin'[/url]
via [url="http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/"]FoxyTunes[/url]

[quote name='CatherineM' date='15 August 2009 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1250359526' post='1949670']
Anyone taking bets on which way this one will go? I'm expecting a yes, and then later a division like what is happening with the Anglicans.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, that sounds dead on. We can hope not, for the sake of the Church--the last thing we need is more schism.

Whoa...I guess I'm not super suprised since it's the ELCA but still...this is a big deal!

My immediate family are all WELS Lutheran (very traditional/conservative). I do have some extended family that are ELCA though. I wonder what they think of all this...might be a good way to open up some conversation?

Prayers all around though. :sign:

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='MissyP89' date='17 August 2009 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1250559971' post='1951622']
Unfortunately, that sounds dead on. We can hope not, for the sake of the Church--the last thing we need is more schism.
[/quote]

meh...there's already 30k+ different sects....what's 3 or 4 more?

homeschoolmom

[quote]Winds rip through Minneapolis, possible tornado

MINNEAPOLIS – Weather experts are looking into tornado reports after powerful winds ripped through Minneapolis, tearing off part of a 90-year-old metal church steeple.

The National Weather Service issued a tornado warning Wednesday afternoon after receiving reports of a tornado just north of downtown. The city has received no immediate reports of injury.

The winds toppled trees and scattered large outdoor tents and chairs set up downtown for the national Evangelical Lutheran Church in America convention. The steeple at the Central Lutheran Church next door was damaged as 120 people were inside, though a church spokesman said no one was injured

Hennepin County sheriff's officials said trained weather spotters also reported seeing a tornado.[/quote]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/ap_on_re_us/us_severe_weather_1
I'm not saying, I'm just saying.... :mellow:

thessalonian

Hadn't caught that bit of the tornado activity. Nah, just a coincidence. :unsure: Just because one of the few tornadoes in this country would happen to hit right where the Lutherans are about to vote in favor of gay sex, ..... :blink: I'm just saying. :sadder:

I'm pretty sure they voted for it. One of my friends, who sadly has become very pro-gay marriage in the last few years, and wants to be a minister :ohno:, is cheering about it on facebook.

Vincent Vega

Again, I have to ask, why is this: 1. surprising? 2. important?

These people have been distorting the Word and Laws of God since they showed up. Is it any surprise that they'll just continue to move away from it as time passes?
Plus, this will hopefully just lead more people to see the falsehoods of the Lutheran ecclesial community. The faster the heresy dies, the faster the Truth will shine through.